Manila Traffic and NAIA are wonderful!

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

There are a couple of topics on Manila traffic and NAIA.  They both look wonderful here:

http://www.wheninmanila.com/look-stunning-throwback-photos-of-manila/

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I appreciate the old photos, but the link is to a Philippine blog (which JGF will have to approve) and the blogger admittedly stole the pics from a Facebook page so while waiting for JGF to decide about what links to approve, I shall post a link to the Facebook site that originally ran the pics.  There are lots of additional pics there too.

https://www.facebook.com/filipinasnostalgia/?fref=ts

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
50 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I appreciate the old photos, but the link is to a Philippine blog (which JGF will have to approve) and the blogger admittedly stole the pics from a Facebook page so while waiting for JGF to decide about what links to approve, I shall post a link to the Facebook site that originally ran the pics.  There are lots of additional pics there too.

https://www.facebook.com/filipinasnostalgia/?fref=ts

Are you saying they stole them from Filipina Nostalgia?  If so, not quite right.  I found the photos because I follow FilipinaNostalgia on FB, and they shared the other's FB post, which included the link to the other website.   Then I looked at the other's website, and they give the link to F.N.

I didn't think about the blogger aspect so I will leave that to JGF.  I have read articles there a few times.  I just looked at the "about" and it says:  "We’re also a community of over 200 writers, photographers, videographers and storytellers who simply want to share their stories of adventures and discoveries."

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
42 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Are you saying they stole them from Filipina Nostalgia?  If so, not quite right.

OK, I probably mis-spoke.  But it is definitely on JGF's To-Do list as I am merely the one who points him in the direction of things he needs to look at.  I would rather be wrong and have him add the link back, than say nothing and give the boss man a bad hair day :SugarwareZ-037:

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
54 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

OK, I probably mis-spoke.  But it is definitely on JGF's To-Do list as I am merely the one who points him in the direction of things he needs to look at.  I would rather be wrong and have him add the link back, than say nothing and give the boss man a bad hair day :SugarwareZ-037:

It's OK I put it back. Shocking site to load so not sure how those with slow connections would go. Most writers are paid writers.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Are you saying they stole them from Filipina Nostalgia?  If so, not quite right.  I found the photos because I follow FilipinaNostalgia on FB, and they shared the other's FB post, which included the link to the other website.   Then I looked at the other's website, and they give the link to F.N.

I didn't think about the blogger aspect so I will leave that to JGF.  I have read articles there a few times.  I just looked at the "about" and it says:  "We’re also a community of over 200 writers, photographers, videographers and storytellers who simply want to share their stories of adventures and discoveries."

Dave's just doing what da big boss man demands :hystery:..... I mean Dave and the rest of us don't always know exactly what should or should not be linked so we err on the side of caution. Tom is very honest and correct in what he allows posted on the forum. Dave did not mean "stole" in the way you took it. :smile:

BTW....I found your post very interesting thanks for that!

Anyone remember the old domestic terminal? It was a small building then a large covered waiting area.

Edited by Old55
  • Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Dave's just doing what da big boss man demands

Sure, I know that, no worries here.  Glad you enjoyed the pics!

The pictures make me wonder, what went so terribly wrong?  However, that topic has been rehashed many times and we could write another 100 pages on it!

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted

You know, when I saw the title of this topic it made me wonder whether OMW had become delusional after a mishap which resulted in him power washing his brain. :hystery:

• Like 2

frozenmystic28
Posted
Posted