surrogate mother type doctors

madtownguy
Posted
Posted

Does anyone know if Philippines has where you can do that invitro fertilization and have a surrogate carry the baby?  I'm trying to find out if it's less there than in the U.S.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Against the law.

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic
  • Jollygoodfellow unlocked this topic
Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Against the law.

Maybe I am wrong but it looks like it was going to be, http://www.senate.gov.ph/lisdata/54884531!.pdf

robert k
Posted
Posted

Have to make babies the old fashioned way? What is this world coming to?

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

This could turn out to be a serious topic.  Let me relate what I know so you have a starting point.

A retired American in Dumaguete, (with a healthy bank balance because this is not cheap), has a filipina wife who wanted a baby.  He is reluctant to share too many details as it is their personal business, but from what he has said it seems that their baby was created In vitro and then implanted in his wife.

There is no surrogate mother involved in this instance so I cannot speak to that part, but the in vitro part works well here and the baby is doing fine.

• Like 1

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted

As an aside--Vickie Belo, a famous celebrity plastic surgeon here in the Philippines recently announced that she and her celebrity partner recently had a child through a Mexican- American surrogate mother living in the US. I think it was a US based agency that was used though.

http://news.abs-cbn.com/lifestyle/05/16/16/look-hayden-vicki-belo-introduce-baby-daughter