American Association Of Philippines

JerryNRea
Posted
Posted

I joined the American Association of the Philippines July, 2nd during the Independence Day Celebration. I've attempted to contact them about activities but have had little response, very little. Is anyone familiar with this organization and have had dealings with them??? I hope I didn't waste $55.00

mogo51
Posted
Posted

No can't help you, but seems as though you may have made a 'donation' to a needy cause -them.

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I joined them in Iloilo a couple years ago. There were no activities, other than a christmas party and a 4th of July party.  I never renewed for a second year.  They said they did lots of charity work... not the year I was with them.

Not sure where you are. It might be different there.  :tiphat:

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 7/13/2016 at 9:51 AM, JerryNRea said:

I joined the American Association of the Philippines July, 2nd during the Independence Day Celebration. I've attempted to contact them about activities but have had little response, very little. Is anyone familiar with this organization and have had dealings with them??? I hope I didn't waste $55.00

They changed their Email address maybe 2 months ago. I could look for it but not sure if i kept it.

• 1 month later...
JerryNRea
Posted
Posted

I went to their office to discuss their organization and the opportunities they provide. They are totally worthless!!! With the Philippines turning itself around and becoming a first rate country, Americans like us need to have an organization to exchange ideas and share activities.

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Your annual membership fee helps pay for lobbying and administrative costs. This type of organization exists to protect American interest, usually those of big business and large corporations. If you are seeking for social activities and networks, chose another one.

• Like 2

intrepid
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, JerryNRea said:

Americans like us need to have an organization to exchange ideas and share activities

You found it and you are a member,...here!:SugarwareZ-005:

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, intrepid said:

You found it and you are a member,...here!:SugarwareZ-005:

Yes and I hate giving free advertising to organisations that collect a fee. :thumbsup: