Manila Kultura

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted

Could anyone recommend a big Kultura shop in Manila. Went both the shops in Mall of Asia (the independent and part of SM). I want to get a fruit bowl out of dark wood that sits on a wooden tripod(made out of a solid piece of wood)...Iloilo Kultura had one last year and got one from Cebu SM City Kulture few months ago... They are awesome gifts and want two more, but the MOA Kulture shops said that they never seen them...

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Sander Martin said:

but the MOA Kulture shops said that they never seen them...

Ah don't you just love Continuity. What ever happened to Large Company Branding 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Hit and miss I am afraid, we have been to 3 different MK stores. Makati, BGC and MOA. Though most seen to carry the same items, over the years I have noticed each store does seem to carry a few SKU's that are unique.

Plus, (now I am just guessing here, but its logical) a lot of the items are made by local craftsman, not massed produced. If who ever made your bowl isn't making them anymore the store cant carry them.

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted

Fiance found me almost the exact bowl i was looking for in a random souvenir shop in SM Aura ???. Same design, but different finish (color) on the wood. Grandmom will be happy ??.

• Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted

when you like to gift on a theme (such as the kultura bowls)..?  watch the tourist shops for the things you want as gifts...  find out where they come from, are made, if tribal specialties...  any info you can...  that will make it much easier to find the items you want in the future...  i know one woman who imports an item on special request that is made by a small tribe on the other side of the country...  when she needs one and if her local supplier is out?  she calls the office of the local government official for the tribe and he finds out who in our area has ordered some in...  saves her time and shipping and they make money as they sell on consignment..  lol!