Can You Reccomend A Dentist Please

StephenKent
Posted
Posted

I am looking in to travelling to Ph as a medical tourist, or more accurately a "Dental Tourist". I am looking to find a competent dentist, after an accident in the early part of the year I will need implants, bridge(s), veneers etc etc. Any information, personal experiences etc would be gratefully received.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, StephenKent said:

I am looking in to travelling to Ph as a medical tourist, or more accurately a "Dental Tourist". I am looking to find a competent dentist, after an accident in the early part of the year I will need implants, bridge(s), veneers etc etc. Any information, personal experiences etc would be gratefully received.

In cebu I have used Ramon for dental work. You can contact him here, http://cebudentalservices.com/

chris49
Posted
Posted

In Metro Manila/QC.

Ortigas is the home of medical tourism. You do need a higher level dentist for that and you will find a lot of Class A Dentists there.

Implants and the work you describe will not come cheaply. A single implant can cost more than 10, 000 pesos.

For a cheaper option go to an area called Banawe, off Quezon Avenue. Head for the National Orthopedic Hospital, a well known place. Now stand in front of the hospital facing the main entrance. Turn around and find a multi purpose office building.

Dr. Sevilla has a practice there. He treated me 7 years ago. He's an orthodontist with a course in implants. He's a young guy will not charge a bomb.

You may also find a cheaper accommodation there. And restaurants. Accom like an apartelle with cable, wi fi and air con, maybe for a few weeks. Walking distance to the clinic.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, StephenKent said:

I am looking in to travelling to Ph as a medical tourist, or more accurately a "Dental Tourist"

I have been somewhat disappointed with each of the half dozen dentists I have tried in Philippines and I have recommended to my own family members that they seek another country if dental tourism is their goal.  Your experience will be different, everyone's is, but I feel comfortable saying that the worst dentist I ever visited in Canada is better than the best dentist I ever visited here, except for the cost factor.  Philippine dentists do get the job done but I am left with the feeling that maybe it was not the job that needed doing or there may have been a better way or there may be more work that needs doing but the dentists are either too inept to find it or the work that needs doing is not profitable for them.

That said, I still use Philippine dentists so its not all bad.

EDIT:  I have not tried a dentist in Manila and Chris mentioned the good ones in the post previous to this one.  He is a smart guy so maybe I will try that next time.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 2