Does your wife or significant other join you here on expat forum?

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

Mine does from time to time  Some times she even comments on my behalf. Especially if I am away. 

She never did at first but one time she came up behind me when I was scrolling and asked in an innocent voice, "do you have secret?" Of course I do not and I let her check out all my comments. She just laughed. She speaks very good English but with a very heavy Visayan accent. I can't even understand her sometimes. Partly because of my hearing loss but mostly her accent. 

Anyway, that's my question for the day. Just curious, that's all.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Mine reads over my shoulder from time to time.  Sometimes I read her something I know she will enjoy.  Sometimes she makes comments that I write here for her.  For the most part she finds our conversations boring.

• Like 4

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

Mine generally does not care, sometimes I point things out for her to read and occasionally she is interested in a particular post. Mostly she prefers her Facebook though.

• Like 3

canadamale
Posted
Posted

mine does not, but she sees me reading and sometime she will be curious and ask what I'm looking at. The other day I was laughing at a comment and she enquired.so I replied a funny comment on the expat forum, she just rolled her eyes and kept on watching tv which even made me laugh louder.  Goodness I love that girl.  I wish she would take a more serious attitude  I would like to know here take on some of the comments here.

• Like 3

MacBubba
Posted
Posted

Now and then, I'll ask her about something I've seen posted.  She gives good insight, even though her background is different from most Filipinas.  She is quick to point out though that her upbringing does not make her less Filipino.

She once said to another Filipino here in Canada that when she swears, she knows she's Filipino.  Explanation:  When she swears in English, she's mildly irritated.  When she swears in Tagalog, it means she is outraged!  And, when she swears in Spanish, she will not want to see you anytime soon.

She added that when she eats, she knows she is Filipino.  She loves her food and will not spare any expense.  For those of you who know Toronto, you will know that there is much cultural representation.  Quite the eclectic mix of restaurants, and I can't think of any that she hasn't tried. 

And then she ended with:  "When I sing, I know I'm Filipino."  Translation:  sweet and sappy (but in her case, decidedly jazzy).

So, to sum it up, she encourages my participation in the forum, for a different perspective.

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Like others said once I start cracking up she may ask. Sometimes I'll ask her questions in order to answer a question. She has very little interest in the Forum.

• Like 3

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Like others said once I start cracking up she may ask. Sometimes I'll ask her questions in order to answer a question. She has very little interest in the Forum.

My wife is the same. She prefers her Facebook friends. 

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
On 7/29/2016 at 3:29 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:

Mine reads over my shoulder from time to time.

Oh Yes!same here.  Forum watching.jpg :hystery:

• Like 2