Build a Storm Proof House in 5 days

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Thats a great, great, great idea!  A person with the means to do it could buy a nice piece of land, put up one of those to live in while building the main house, then rent out the little house.  Gotta bookmark this one!

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

The fully finished really bumps the price up. Fully finished 24 sq meter delivered (45k) to the Visayas 540k. I suppose you need to provide land, concrete pad, water, sewage facilities. I see nothing about wiring...

The 50 sq meter at 1,076,000 delivered to Visayas, by the time you fitted it out I think you could get a townhouse.

Same problems with the shipping container houses, I believe the company is Indigo.

My personal favorite is the concrete quonset hut. You connect a garden hose to it and fill with water then inflate it (possibly automobile exhaust?) and let the concrete set up, they are already pre wired. I think they have zipper flaps either end but you can probably frame a wall with doors and windows. There are many solutions to the same problem. None seem to be as cheap or elegant as they at first looked.:89:

• Like 1