Regatta Bay condo, Puerto Princessa, Palawan.

bows00
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, JJReyes said:

One new Hawaii condo project constructed on a former parking lot of Ala Moana Center offers one bedroom condos at a starting price of $1.4 million. There is a two story penthouse unit with helipad at another new development. It does not have an asking price. If you ask, "How much?" means you can't afford it. The expected buyer's offering price will probably be $100 million.

And let me remind you all that he is talking US dollars - NOT peso...

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, bows00 said:

And let me remind you all that he is talking US dollars - NOT peso...

It is all relative. A British buyer that my son was showing properties exclaim, "$3.1 million for an oceanfront condo? That's cheap." He promptly made an offer.  This was during the London bubble market before Brexit. He might feel differently today. 

robert k
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, bows00 said:

Like they say, they make um big in Texas!  A 43 square meter condo in Hawaii would cost you triple that.

But from what I gather there would be more locals genuinely happy you are there in the Philippines than in Hawaii.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, scott h said:

Here in the Philippines it is perfectly acceptable to run out side, find a handy tree, wall, telephone pole, car tire or road side to take care of business.

Its a heck of a long elevator ride 7-8 floors down hopping from one foot to the other.:hystery:

What, no open windows? :mocking:

• Like 3

DavidK
Posted
Posted

It won't be on the 4th floor, they don't exist in the Philippines (same in most of Asia). We're on the 26th but it's not as the 1st, 4th, 13th, 14th and 24th are missing. Possibly the developer ran out of money and had to trim them off the plan due to cost constraints.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, DavidK said:

It won't be on the 4th floor, they don't exist in the Philippines (same in most of Asia)

It does when you buy off the plan from a foreign country. :whistling:

• Like 3

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I hope there's not an issue putting this link up. All lots are reserved or sold and there's certainly no personal gain. I've reserved a Nautilus loft condo. There are two toilets in the plan but only one bedroom. To me it's a good excuse not to have a partner with a rug rat :smile:. It's on the fourth floor. :thumbsup: http://www.regattabaypalawan.com/regatta-bay-palawan-nautilus-condo.html

Mind you I bought a 4th floor apartment in Edinburgh, Scotland years ago and on the survey they called it the third floor as they said they don't count the first floor. As part of the mortgaging I then had to pay for a further survey and they said it was fourth floor. I phoned the company up that called it the third floor to clarify and he pretty much told me he had 25 yrs experience and whoever carried out the second survey was wrong. I took great pleasure in pointing out his name was on both surveys. 

• Like 4

Happyhorn52
Posted
Posted

In my opinion the condo looks great, but it's all about the ocean view. With a 4th floor condo facing the water you should have a great view. Hopefully it's just steps to the beach.

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Happyhorn52 said:

In my opinion the condo looks great, but it's all about the ocean view. With a 4th floor condo facing the water you should have a great view. Hopefully it's just steps to the beach.

There will be two story properties built in front looking at the plans then a row of coconut trees before the beach, as long as nothing is higher than my balcony I'll be happy. All within the gated community. I just don't want to be looking over run down properties or main roads. 

• Like 1

Happyhorn52
Posted
Posted

I intend to look for something similar once I arrive in country. My Houston home is on the market and I'm ready to go. I plan to rent for the first year then purchase an ocean view condo in a gated community once I have checked out a few communities. I would be happy with a condo similar to yours.