Searching for American Notary Public

Johnson Immanuel LI
Posted
Posted

New member here. not sure what to expect.  where can I find a u.s. citizen Notary Public to sign U.S. document, aside from the U.S. embassy who charges fifty dollars per signature. Or rather, can a Filipino Notary Public sign a U.S. document since I am not in the States? Anyone who has the right answer will receive a Christmas Gift from Santa this X'mas!

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

US notaries have their authority from from the State they are registered in and cannot notarize a document outside of that State. This leaves two choices, a US Consulate/Embassy or a web based notary. I know of 2 and use this one https://www.notarycam.com/ to notarize a postal document for setting up my remote US mailing address. The website says $25 in the US, $79 outside of the US. The mailing address on my credit card is a US address, she didn't ask where I was and charged me $25 even though I was here in the Phils.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Welcome. It depends what you need notarized and the purpose. In 2013 had to get my signature notarized on a document in regards to my fathers estate. My sister emailed it to me here, I printed it, signed it and had it notarized by a Filipino notary and used LBC to 4 day mail it back. It was accepted with no problems that I know of.

Remember,  that is MY story, others might have different input. Good luck.

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Does it have to be an American notary?  I needed a title to a condo notarized and used a Filipino notary.  They sent me the contracts and I got a local lawyer to notarize it.  (I am a Texas resident, the condo was in Orlando, the notary in Iloilo)

• Like 1