Cherry mobile phones

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

While I was at SM yesterday my friend bought a Cherry mobile flare j2 I think it was called. Anyway I helped her set it up thinking to myself for the price it was not a bad phone. About P2000 for the phone and another P850 for a 32 gig memory card.

Anyone else use a cherry mobile phone?

Bruce
Posted
Posted

I have bought the basic cheaper one at 480+ 4gb card as gifts. Just for texting mostly for those who can not afford them out on Samar. Usually, they have a sim card and then share a family phone.  

robert k
Posted
Posted

I bought someone a marked down and on sale Cherry Mobile Icon and it was a pretty nice phone. She lent it to everyone and eventually the charging port got damaged and it cost her 200php to have it fixed. Decent phones, but if it is damaged forget Cherry Mobile service as they are slow.

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted

I purchased a Cheery Mobile Burst when I first arrived, and it's still working well. I use it just for calls and texts though. 

chris49
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, robert k said:

I bought someone a marked down and on sale Cherry Mobile Icon and it was a pretty nice phone. She lent it to everyone and eventually the charging port got damaged and it cost her 200php to have it fixed. Decent phones, but if it is damaged forget Cherry Mobile service as they are slow.

They are very light and subject to damage. About 5 years ago everyone had to have one. Samsung has been top of the line for while now. Lenovo gaining popularity. But the reality is you might get 2-3 years out of a phone if it's not stolen meantime.

My 4yo daughter is getting a Lenovo entry level for her birthday. 2999 currently on promo with memory card.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, chris49 said:

My 4yo daughter is getting a Lenovo entry level for her birthday. 2999 currently on promo with memory card.

Can't argue with that, every 4 year old should have a smartphone. :89:

• Like 1