Blood test

RBM
Posted
Posted

Like many I have a tendency to have elevated uric acid and monitor with regular tests. Here we had until recently just one laboratory which was mostly crowded, how ever efficient.

Was pleased to notice a new one recently opened so we proceeded there. As the only clients we expected speedy service and results. After making the payment we were told the usual.....just a minute sir. Some 45 minutes later we were still sitting, waiting, still only clients, as I could hear laughing and such behind the curtain I popped my head through to observe the technician and cashier watching TV and laughing. Needless to say I gave them a Salvo,  to late to walk out as already paid.

The technician was very sour, even more so after I demanded a new disposable syringe. Eventually done, picked up result after a couple of hours. Horrified to read sky high readings, more than 3 times higher than previous readings. So, what's up, after some thought decided another test with previous lab, done and received a very low result....Umm  not good, armed with both print outs returned to first lab, fortunately manager was in, unfortunately she did not give a sh.....It was obvious from the reaction of the technician she was guilty in manipulating result, cystral  clear.

Next off to health dept. Full as in full people all over and office door closed. What to do, this practice has to be stamped out......Back to manager where they manipulated result, told her, Madam I have lodged a complaint with Dept. health, no way your business permit will be renewed...answer, thank you very much Sir.....

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted

That is an appalling scenario RBM, that they would deliberately do that is criminal IMO.

Just as well you did not get blood pressure checked there, it would have been sky high.

I remember years ago back in Oz I had an appointment with lawyer at 11am, at 11.45am, no one going in or out of his Office, I was still waiting.  Got up, told the receptionist if he was not out in 5 mins. I would be finding another lawyer, that my time was just as important as his.

He was out in a minute, apologising profusely, never had another problem with this guy and we became quite good friends.  

It is my pet hate being kept waiting needlessly, well done in pursuing the matter.

• Like 2

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Gout? Just for fun.... have a local Pinoy call 8888 and lodge a corruption complaint that the clinic for either RE-USING blood drawing equipment such as syringes and /or charging extra for 'new'.... Also file a complaint via email with the WHO. see www.who.org  Remember that you as a foreigner have a greater understanding of what to expect and proper practices just because you are a foreigner and you experiences in your home country. The locals might not know better and as such, may suffer hep C or other issues....  

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
53 minutes ago, RBM said:

Madam I have lodged a complaint with Dept. health, no way your business permit will be renewed...answer, thank you very much Sir.....

:hystery: Sounds like you done them a favour.

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
56 minutes ago, RBM said:

Was pleased to notice a new one recently opened so we proceeded there. As the only clients we expected speedy service and results.

Would you mind saying the name and where? I have a blood test I need next week for my liver and would like to avoid this place. Please PM me if you don't want to post it.

RBM
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

Would you mind saying the name and where? I have a blood test I need next week for my liver and would like to avoid this place. Please PM me if you don't want to post it.

I would not be allowed to post details here. Although I spend time in Dumaguete  it was not there, in Negros Occidental so quite far from you. 

If any tips on what could  should be done love to hear them.

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Bruce said:

Gout? Just for fun.... have a local Pinoy call 8888 and lodge a corruption complaint that the clinic for either RE-USING blood drawing equipment such as syringes and /or charging extra for 'new'.... Also file a complaint via email with the WHO. see www.who.org  Remember that you as a foreigner have a greater understanding of what to expect and proper practices just because you are a foreigner and you experiences in your home country. The locals might not know better and as such, may suffer hep C or other issues....  

Thanks, I posted other post before reading g this, will follow up