Rural hospitals 101... Green is a bad color.

Bruce
Posted
Posted
This morning I was downtown talking with the old women when a poor woman with a baby that had way too much sun walked by. A quick trip into a pharmacy and I gave her some bacitracin ointment and instructions and I will check on the kid in 2 days when she comes back to my building, assuming she can follow simple instructions. 

And then while stopping by the local hospital to see an old woman who had a stroke and then developed pneumonia and was not getting any better. I took a look at her and saw some green things that seemed to be out of place! I had never seen GREEN where I was seeing green. See the picture. It is a water bubbler hooked to an oxygen tank.

I went to the nurses station and 3 nurses came in and I pointed to the bubbler and all 3 said, Yes sir! Sterile water sir! Which made me more sarcastic than my usual self, and I told them that I was going to see the hospital administrator and as him to come and explain the GREEN algae growth..... All 3 had looked right at it and failed to see it. Every nurse who refilled the container with their sterile water also failed to take note.... And the patient was not getting any better...

Of course I am in a rural area and not Manila where 1st class health care is available....   But even so... GREEN?   

IMG_5619.JPG

IMG_5621.JPG

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Only bit of growth in the water. Adds body :smile:

• Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted

The word here is "Typical".  So sad and they should have known better.  But then again for here, typical.:571c66d400c8c_1(103):

I hope they got got "clear" instructions form their supervisor.