Any New Investments?

tropicalwaste
Posted
Posted

Just wondering if anyone is investing in anything "stable" lately..as the UK is about to take another major hit so will be taking a lot of money out before December and looking to put it into something before the exchange rates take a knock.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Just wondering if anyone is investing in anything "stable" lately..as the UK is about to take another major hit so will be taking a lot of money out before December and looking to put it into something before the exchange rates take a knock.
I am also interested in moving things around in my 401k based pension but nothing seems stable and with those big scams like Enron, Madoff, etc. how would we even know what companies are real or not? I think gold and silver are poised to take off, and everything I read about gold says $1200 to even $2000 but stable is not a word that I would use for the gold or silver markets and I would say that it is more of an item a person would want to buy low and hold in case all else fails, but how much is low and is $1000 the new bottom? I think the US is going to have a couple more hits before all this is over, the credit cards and commercial real estate markets may take a dive with all the job losses and people afraid to spend money, so if things do not turn around soon, I think one or both may end up causing another title wave. So where to invest is the question everyone seems to be asking, maybe your mattress might be the place to keep money. :559: All kidding aside, food, funeral parlors and medical seem to be the ones that will survive. We all have to eat, most get sick and we all die. :th_thbarbaque:

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Here is an interesting article I just read and some quotes from it."They thought it was impossible for inflation-sensitive gold to go above $1,000, which is did last week. I've been predicting that particular impossibility for quite a while -- and the more I think about it, the more I think it could go to $2,000.""Maybe gold goes to $1,300. But believe me, there is nobody who thinks that even 8% inflation is going to happen, or that gold is going to $1,300.I think it will. Or at least that's the seventh impossible thing I'm believing before breakfast."Smart Money and gold at $1300?

• 2 months later...
Genius
Posted
Posted

$1300 is easy, so is $700 - remember demand from the traditional users has slacked off massively since its surge from the lows a few years back. Its now a speculative punt.

Here is an interesting article I just read and some quotes from it."They thought it was impossible for inflation-sensitive gold to go above $1,000, which is did last week. I've been predicting that particular impossibility for quite a while -- and the more I think about it, the more I think it could go to $2,000.""Maybe gold goes to $1,300. But believe me, there is nobody who thinks that even 8% inflation is going to happen, or that gold is going to $1,300.I think it will. Or at least that's the seventh impossible thing I'm believing before breakfast."Smart Money and gold at $1300?

tropicalwaste
Posted
Posted

I was talking to a couple of my friends earlier about this (they are from India). They used to wear a lot of gold as tradition but the fakes are so good they just dont bother at all now because people cant tell the difference so not worth buying.. Point being its like my gold chain I never wear cost around $800 but its just not fashionable and the money being invested in Gold at the moment is from abandoning dollars for a stable market. It will drop at some point then tail off. Problem is who knows when personally I would wait for the drop before buying because then historically you know your going to get profit but the levels of gold at the moment just seem too high to maintain the level.