Mazda 2 vs Wigo or Eon

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Has anyone else, over 6 ft tall, checked out some of the recent model sub-compact cars?

I am interested in a 2015 Mazda 2 as the reviews are great and its a super economical small car.  Problem is there is no Mazda dealer nearby so I cannot sit in on to see how cramped it is for the driver.  If I thought it was a good fit I would go to a larger city like Cebu where there are some available.

I have checked out the Wigo and it is too cramped.  I have checked the Eon and I just fit but I don't think its as good a car as the Mazda 2.  Anyone with experience in these sub-compacts?  How is the legroom for the driver, compared to other similar size cars.

Mazda 2

Mazda2.JPG

stevewool
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Has anyone else, over 6 ft tall, checked out some of the recent model sub-compact cars?

I am interested in a 2015 Mazda 2 as the reviews are great and its a super economical small car.  Problem is there is no Mazda dealer nearby so I cannot sit in on to see how cramped it is for the driver.  If I thought it was a good fit I would go to a larger city like Cebu where there are some available.

I have checked out the Wigo and it is too cramped.  I have checked the Eon and I just fit but I don't think its as good a car as the Mazda 2.  Anyone with experience in these sub-compacts?  How is the legroom for the driver, compared to other similar size cars.

Mazda 2

Mazda2.JPG

What sort of prices are these going for Dave

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
34 minutes ago, stevewool said:

What sort of prices are these going for Dave

Its the strangest thing.  Those used, 2015 Mazda 2s with about 10K miles on them are advertised online for about half the price of new.  That is really unusual here as most cars keep their value much better than that.  You will find them listed for between 300K and 370K pesos.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

There may be a good reason for the used prices?

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

They're great little cars in the UK though keys are very expensive.

• Like 2

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

At 6'3" I have no problem with the Mazda 2 except the back seat. Unless you're to be a passenger no worries.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Gerald Glatt said:

At 6'3" I have no problem with the Mazda 2 except the back seat. Unless you're to be a passenger no worries.

When I was Hunting for a car, I did not want a another Hatch back so went for the Sedan but came across this feller who actually was a good Size for me, Worth a look at; Suzuki Swift.  suzuki-swift-2013124.jpg

Jack :thumbsup:

Morning All :morning1:

• Like 4