Three Killed By Grenade During Drunken Quarrel In Philippines

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

What are these people thinking,armed and drunk.Manila - Three people were killed when a grenade exploded during an argument between drinking companions in the southern Philippines, police said Monday. The incident occurred late Sunday in Parang town in Maguindanao province, 930 kilometres south of Manila, said Superintendent Danilo Bacas, a regional police spokesman. Bacas said the fatalities were a Marine sergeant, his 7-year-old daughter and a 50-year-old female neighbour. He said the soldier threatened his drinking buddies with a hand grenade during an argument, but was pacified by his wife. The soldier was about to put the grenade back into his pocket when it exploded, killing him, his daughter and a female neighbour. The sergeant's wife was also injured. Bacas said the grenade's safety pin was apparently removed during the argument, but the soldier might have failed to notice it because he was already drunk.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

It just goes to show that Darwin was right. :th_thbarbaque: 1391.gif Although it

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I remember many years back when my wife and I checked into a hotel in CDO, they had a sign at the desk that said something like "NO grenades in the rooms, please check them at the desk" :559: and that kind of worried me, not just the fact of grenades being around enough that a sign was required but the thought that an untrained desk clerk would then have to handle them.. :o ..... I still to this day do not know if it was some sort of sick joke or not, but I think it was real since a lot of military dressed people were around the malls and streets back then and one even put his M16 rifle across his lap when he sat down to eat in the hotel we were eating breakfast in and it was then pointing right at me, :wt-hell: so I moved to a different chair immediately. Improperly trained people carrying guns and grenades is a very scary thought, thankfully we have not seen any more signs like that since then and not as many uniformed people carrying M16's in the cities, but we do see them all the time at many of the checkpoints in Mindanao and especially when the alerts are up. :o As a little side note to this for those who read this and who have not been to the Philippines. It is also not unusual to see heavily armed security guards standing in front of the banks and at the doors of many businesses in many parts of Mindanao, with machine guns of all types. About 15 years ago my wife and I took pictures of three guards with three different machine guns, a Thompson .45, a M16 and a MAC 10, standing in front of a bank in Cagayan de Oro, and we still see many of them carrying machine guns to this day, but in Cebu it is usually handguns and shotguns. I guess Cebu is a little safer since it is an island. :yes: Unfortunately grenades are very common in the Philippines and I read about them blowing up all the time. I guess that is because of the many freelance gun makers in the Philippines, so I guess it is even easier for them to make grenades. :th_thbarbaque: And people say the US is like the old west because of it's lacks guns laws, just wait until they have spent some time in the Philippines. :lol: What really makes me laugh is those same people who are so anti-gun and who talk so bad about the US, just seem to love living in the Philippines. :559: