Demonstration planned for 1/20/2017

Balisidar
Posted
Posted

Just got this notice from the U.S. embassy.

Seal with white background

U.S. Embassy, Manila, Philippines

Security Message for U.S. Citizens: Demonstration Expected January 20, 2017

January 19, 2017 

THE EMBASSY OF THE UNITED STATES IS TRANSMITTING THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION AS A PUBLIC SERVICE TO U.S. CITIZENS IN THE PHILIPPINES.  PLEASE DISSEMINATE THIS MESSAGE TO ALL U.S. CITIZENS IN YOUR ORGANIZATION OR NEIGHBORHOOD.  
THANK YOU. 

·  

·        The U.S. Embassy informs U.S. citizens that a demonstration is expected to take place in front of the U.S. Embassy tomorrow, Friday January 20, 2017. The start time is uncertain, but anticipated to begin sometime between the hours of 1000 and 1300.  The demonstration is being organized by the leftist group Bagong Alyangsan Makabayan (BAYAN) with other leftists groups possibly participating. The Philippine National Police (PNP) is estimating a possible 1,000 demonstrators to attend. 

·        Even demonstrations intended to be peaceful can turn confrontational and escalate into violence.  You should avoid areas of demonstrations, and exercise caution if in the vicinity of any large gatherings, protests, or demonstrations. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________  

For further information:

·         See the State Department's travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and the Philippines Country Specific Information.

·         Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency. 

·         Contact the U.S. Embassy in Manila, Philippines, located at 1201 Roxas Boulevard, at +(63) (2) 301-2000, from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +(63) (2) 301-2000.

·         Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).

·        Follow us on Twitter and Facebook. 

• Like 5

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Kuya John said:

How easily people forget who the real baddies were.

Who the real "baddies" were and are.  How soon people forget. Some do not think.

Many demonstrations are started by professional instigators.Then, there are those who agitate the crowd into violence.

I really do not believe that the majority of the Philippine people are anti-American.

Then again, some people are easily aroused. Many young people just like the action and not really into anti anything.

I do not like crowds like big celebrations, parades, festivals.

Exceptions are music concerts,, ball games, weddings, birthday parties and family reunions.

• Like 3

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

On an up note, here in the states we will have a leader at noon. And there will be a tomorrow, as in the RP when the power was transferred, and England left the EU.  I did hear that Venezuela was planing an election......as in one bullet one vote  

• Like 2

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Gratefuled said:

I do not like crowds like big celebrations, parades, festivals.

Gratefuled

I take it you won't be going to Trumps inauguration today then :hystery:

• Like 4

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Kuya John said:

I take it you won't be going to Trumps inauguration today then

Was it today????:89:

OH NOOO, shame on me.  :SugarwareZ-037:

• Like 2