No Power Bills For This Sun-powered Eco-house

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I wonder why they do not make an eco condo building? It would seem that the roof deck of a condo would be a great place for solar panels and the power could be shared between the units to offset electric costs. Also water could be saved from the roof to be used for washing cars or watering greenery etc. the Eco-Jao Bahay Kubo is the fact that this P1.5-million detached unit may be regarded as the Philippines

post-40-1253631470_thumb.jpg

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I wonder why they do not make an eco condo building? It would seem that the roof deck of a condo would be a great place for solar panels and the power could be shared between the units to offset electric costs. Also water could be saved from the roof to be used for washing cars or watering greenery etc. the Eco-Jao Bahay Kubo is the fact that this P1.5-million detached unit may be regarded as the Philippines' first example of a carbon-neutral househttp://newsinfo.inquirer.net/inquirerheadl...wered-eco-houseAnyone using any solar or eco friendly ideas in their homes?
Its becoming increasingly popular here to install solar electricity,the excess power generated is fed back into the grid and our power company pays for it.I think the initial cost is the burden but there is a government rebate for Queensland Australia but not sure if its national.To answer your post,I guess the Philippines are just behind the times but it sure can be done.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I wonder why they do not make an eco condo building? It would seem that the roof deck of a condo would be a great place for solar panels and the power could be shared between the units to offset electric costs. Also water could be saved from the roof to be used for washing cars or watering greenery etc. the Eco-Jao Bahay Kubo is the fact that this P1.5-million detached unit may be regarded as the Philippines' first example of a carbon-neutral househttp://newsinfo.inquirer.net/inquirerheadl...wered-eco-houseAnyone using any solar or eco friendly ideas in their homes?
Its becoming increasingly popular here to install solar electricity,the excess power generated is fed back into the grid and our power company pays for it.I think the initial cost is the burden but there is a government rebate for Queensland Australia but not sure if its national.To answer your post,I guess the Philippines are just behind the times but it sure can be done.
I guess my main reason for that post was that since those houses cost 1.5 million pesos and a regular house or small condo unit about that size would probably costs pretty close to the same price, people might as well have one of those built. If we were in the market for a home and if they offered those where we wanted to buy, I would buy one of those before I bought anything else. I hope they start a neighborhood in other cities such as Cebu, in the near future and I hope people buy them to help cut pollution and use of power.As for the condos, I have been up on the roof of our building and half of it is used for a roof deck for parties and such, and I would much rather see solar up there and water collection gutters. I guess the future will see more of that and incorporating it into the original plan should not be that much more expensive if the costs are shared between the total units, so a condo building might be the perfect place for those shared costs.