Cebu Utilities

Steve GCC
Posted
Posted (edited)

Morning All,

Was just trying to find out what anyone living in Cebu is paying for Electricity and Water at present.  I get copied on my tenants bill for my condo each month and just seems a little high to me.

On the bill from Condo company they dont give units so I am assuming these are KWH and m3.

Electric is 9.24 + VAT 1.26 = P 10.5

Water is 58.08 +VAT 7.92 = P 66

Bill for Feb was P 6,100

Below info from VECO website for electric (http://www.veco.com.ph/page.html?main=clients&sub1=your bill&sub2=Feb. 2017 Ave Rate):-

Customer Class Consumption Demand  Load (Feb. 15, 2017 to
    (kWh) (kW) Factor Mar. 14, 2017)
Schedule I -FZ Streetlights 12,521 34,300   8.1581
Schedule II -R Residential 200     9.9175
Schedule III-P General Service 572      10.2347
Schedule IV -P General Power 5,353      8.6563
Schedule V -P Bulk Power 36,504 100 50%  7.9662
Schedule VI -P Wholesale Power 273,780 750 50%  7.2197
Schedule VII-P Special Wholesale 730,080 2,000 50%  7.1416

Cant find any data for water MCWD.

Would be interested to hear members rates from Cebu. Who knows maybe Condo mangement is overcharging................

Cheers

Steve

Edited by Steve GCC
  • Like 3

Kiwi-Alan
Posted
Posted

Hope they send a jar of vaseline every month with the bill.   :Caught:

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

This is my last bill for studio condo in Cebu city. We discussed this before about high cost but this time it appears they gave me credit so I'm guessing there was an error in the previous 2 bills? My condo building are individual meters for each condo.

img036.jpg

• Like 2

Gator
Posted
Posted
On 3/9/2017 at 1:06 PM, Steve GCC said:

Morning All,

Was just trying to find out what anyone living in Cebu is paying for Electricity and Water at present.  I get copied on my tenants bill for my condo each month and just seems a little high to me.

On the bill from Condo company they don't give units so I am assuming these are KWH and m3.

Electric is 9.24 + VAT 1.26 = P 10.5

Water is 58.08 +VAT 7.92 = P 66

Bill for Feb was P 6,100

The P 10.5 per kWh sounds about right. Some landlords / condos / apartment complexes get a discounted base and they often add a small surcharge. I've seen rates vary from 8.25 to 14.5 per kWh, with most being right around P 10-11. 

When I stayed for 8 months in a 1 BR condo in Guadalupe (55 sqm) the rate was P 9.95 and my monthly electric bill averaged around 1,700 pesos per month. But being on a high floor with a good cross flow I rarely used the air-con and had a gas range for cooking (those electric 2 burner cooktops eat power). I did often use a fan in sala, of course used small appliances (TV, rice cooker, etc) and it had a new on-demand tankless hot water heater in the shower; so my electric usage was minimal. Water was fixed at 250 pesos per month (regardless of the number of occupants - many places charge a fixed 100-200 pesos per head rate for water). At Tancor (in Mabolo, 2BR / 90 sqm),  the rate was about 11.5 per kWh and my bill (for the 3 months I was there) ran about 3,200 to 3,700 pesos per month, but I used the air-con more and the unit also had an electric 40 gallon hot water heater (not the energy efficient tankless type you often find here). 

On the surface your bill sounds a bit high. I'm presuming the bulk of the 6,100 you mentioned is for electric as water is cheap here. How often are you running the air-con? Window or split type? How many square meters is your place?

Although unlikely in a condo, is it possible someone is piggy backing your power (check the fuse box / mains)? It could even be possible that your electric meter is faulty (running fast). Or another possibility is that the bill is either an estimated one (usually based on prior usage) or could it be that you have paid for a balance due that was in arrears?

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

My water bill is charged at P59.00 a cubic meter plus 12% vat so last month's was P543.66. 7 cu.m

• Like 2

jpbago
Posted
Posted
44 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

My water bill is charged at P59.00 a cubic meter plus 12% vat so last month's was P543.66. 7 cu.m

Our last two water bills was P345 each month for 22 cu. m.

• Like 2

Steve GCC
Posted
Posted
On 3/13/2017 at 6:38 AM, Jollygoodfellow said:

This is my last bill for studio condo in Cebu city. We discussed this before about high cost but this time it appears they gave me credit so I'm guessing there was an error in the previous 2 bills? My condo building are individual meters for each condo.

Thanks JGF, tried to zoom in on picture to see total KWH and total price so could work out unit charge overall but cannot see a picture not so clear.  Could you PM me those please so i can compare with my condo in Cebu and charges I am getting.

Many thanks

Steve

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
44 minutes ago, Steve GCC said:

Thanks JGF, tried to zoom in on picture to see total KWH and total price so could work out unit charge overall but cannot see a picture not so clear.  Could you PM me those please so i can compare with my condo in Cebu and charges I am getting.

Many thanks

Steve

IMG_20170314_133017.jpg

• Like 1

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted

Last month here in Cebu province our home electric bill was two thousand five, and our water bill was P200 for the month. (Just for a different frame of reference.)

• Like 3