Cockroaches

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

According to Google, cockroaches have been around for 300 million years, and yet they are so fragile that when they fall on their backs they die.  How crazy is that?

But I suppose they breed so quickly that life is cheap for a cockroach.

And you find them in the wierdest places.  I was opening up my wall when building a closet.  There were no cracks, holes, or entry points that I could find and yet there was . . . you guessed it . .  a live cockroach.

I spray regularly whenever I find one and that usually kills a few more so I don't think I have an infestation but it is so easy for them to come in under the front door.  I know I need a tighter seal (said the walrus).

Rant over :hystery:

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

I have had good luck using "Baygon 24-Hour Roach Killer".  There are six small baits that are in black plastic bait stations.  The roach is supposed to go into the little bait container, eat some of the roach bait.  Advertised to last 90 days and the last ones I bought cost 215 peso for the box of six baits.  I put them in the kitchen and CR's.  They seem to work really well, very seldom see a roach.  You just need to remember to keep replacing them every 3 months or so.  They are labeled to keep away from pets and children.  We don't have children and our two little dogs do not seem to be interested in the baits.

• Like 2

intrepid
Posted
Posted

I can't stop thinking of the Walrus.:thumbsup:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, Mike J said:

our two little dogs do not seem to be interested in the baits.

That's cos they can Read the Warnings. Yes?:mocking: 

• Like 2

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

According to Google, cockroaches have been around for 300 million years, and yet they are so fragile that when they fall on their backs they die.  How crazy is that?

But I suppose they breed so quickly that life is cheap for a cockroach.

And you find them in the wierdest places.  I was opening up my wall when building a closet.  There were no cracks, holes, or entry points that I could find and yet there was . . . you guessed it . .  a live cockroach.

I spray regularly whenever I find one and that usually kills a few more so I don't think I have an infestation but it is so easy for them to come in under the front door.  I know I need a tighter seal (said the walrus).

Rant over :hystery:

Hi Dave, Our front door has a little bit of a gap too. We roll an old beach towel, and lay it against the door before we go to bed. It seems that if we forget, we might find a spider or other insect walking around inside by morning. Maybe that would work for you.  We don't seem to get many cockroaches here though, so that's a relief. They creep me out!

Because we live out here in the country, we have several neem trees in our yard. They are known for being insect repellant. In my spice box and near grains, I put a couple of small branches with leaves there, and insects seem to stay away. The neem tree is also called the mosquito tree, and has been used for so many different issues.

Edited by Queenie O.
  • Like 5