The Poor And Teeth

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Recently I have had a lot of tooth aches and been in pain which got me thinking about how the people in the Philippines deal with this.What happens to the street kids or poor when they have bad teeth or in pain,do they get some sort of free dental work done or suffer what can be agonizing pain. ?? SugarwareZ-035.gif

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Have the "bad" tooth pulled.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I'm talking about the poor in the Philippines,not me the poor in Australia :AddEmoticons04230:

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I'm talking about the poor in the Philippines,not me the poor in Australia :AddEmoticons04230:
I think it is the same difference, I will bring my pliers. :lol:All kidding aside, my wife had two teeth pulled back in her early days because pulling them was less expensive than fixing them. Sad, and nowadays dentists like Ramon do a lot of volunteer work out in the provinces so maybe that will help a little.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I think it is the same difference, I will bring my pliers. :thumbsup: All kidding aside, my wife had two teeth pulled back in her early days because pulling them was less expensive than fixing them. Sad, and nowadays dentists like Ramon do a lot of volunteer work out in the provinces so maybe that will help a little.
That would be a good project to get involved with, I mean organizing dental help for the poor and street kids. We hear about food had outs and medical help from different groups but never about dental services that I know of anyway.

twostrokes
Posted
Posted

That was one of my pet projects on my last trip of 6 years. While living in Angeles city, I probably paid for about 500 filings and more than a dozen root canals and caps. I had an agreement with a dentist that would do the work and charge me like a wholesale price,as he knew I would be sending someone else in next week. More pretty smiles in the PI....

• Like 1