What Are The Good Things About Living In The Philippines?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

OK, I made a thread about what things were hard to get used to, so to balance it out, what are the good things members like about living in the Philippines?I know that I love having many ladies smile at me when we walk around the malls, kind of good for the ego. :1 (103): To go along with that, soooooooooo many pretty ladies walking around. :1 (103): The prices for some things are much lower, such as cable being only P7800 a year, or about $165 in US dollars and it would cost that for 3 months in the states and in the states HBO, Cinemax, and other movie channels would be extra but they are included in Cebu and some other places. :541:Foreigners seem to get a lot of respect from most of the local people, I think they think we are better than they are because we are from other countries. I feel we are all equal but many of us have had better opportunities when growing up, so we may have more money than some of the locals and many of us have retirement income of some type and most average Filipinos will never get any real retirement income. :541: OK guys and girls, I will leave it at this for now, and I would appreciate you filling in what things you find so good about living in the Philippines.

• Like 1

TheMason
Posted
Posted

1. Its a cheap place to live.2. The govt. doesn't have its nose in your business all the time.3. Consumerism hasn't destroyed the culture (yet).4. People are friendlier.

Travis
Posted
Posted

beautiful ladies everywhereinexpensive rentinexpensive cable tvinexpensive water some inexpensive places to eat out where locals eatinexpensive local made clothing & goodsinexpensive taxis & jeepneysinexpensive pension house places to staydid I say so many beautiful ladiesfriendly smiles & friendly peopleinexpensive repairsgreat holiday salesdid I say so many beautiful women walking around with friendly smiles & what else really matters because the boost to my ego since moving here makes me feel 20 years younger :1 (103):

• Like 1

Mik
Posted
Posted

I don't have to work.Alcohol is cheaper.Tobacco is cheaper.People seem happier here than in my home country.Swim anytime, even in the winter.You can burn yard debris without a permit.Free garbage collection (but irregular schedule).Low medical costs.An alien resident's foreign income is not taxed.You can wear summer clothing all year.The women wear summer clothing all year.

Travis
Posted
Posted

it is not the states