Baguio and Vigan City

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, Jake said:

Ah come on now mate, you'll leaving out the best part -- the juicy part.  Who is this "guide" you're talking about?  Or are  you finding some more "guides" at the Blue Rock Beach Resort......he, he.   

Have fun but stay lubricated.  

Hahahaha a lady may finally have me hooked Jake! But a gentleman doesn't tell  :whistling: 

16 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Use caution with Blue Rock.  A while back I heard they had a new manager and the pool was not being taken care of.  It might be fine now but I just wanted to give you a heads up.

I actually know the new manager mate, met him last year in October.  Seems like a straight up sort of guy and the staff were still as brilliant as they've always been.  I was actually looking for a place for our annual fellow ex-Aussie navy reunion and he offered us a pretty good deal but alas, we didn't commit fast enough.  He was planning some long overdue renovations but yes, when I was there last year the pool was just "ok".   Unless there's another new guy?

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
27 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I don't know why but Google maps will not let me paste the link.  API error.  Paste "Palm Grove Hot Springs and Mountain Resort" into Google maps if you are interested.  There are a lot of pictures.  Very clean with a lot of pools.  You will probably be the only foreigner there!

Thanks again, I'll check it out :smile:

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

Hahahaha a lady may finally have me hooked Jake! But a gentleman doesn't tell  :whistling: 

I actually know the new manager mate, met him last year in October.  Seems like a straight up sort of guy and the staff were still as brilliant as they've always been.  I was actually looking for a place for our annual fellow ex-Aussie navy reunion and he offered us a pretty good deal but alas, we didn't commit fast enough.  He was planning some long overdue renovations but yes, when I was there last year the pool was just "ok".   Unless there's another new guy?

I don't know.  Someone told me this a while back and I don't even remember who!  :bonk:  Should be fine. 

• Thanks 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I don't know.  Someone told me this a while back and I don't even remember who!  :bonk:  Should be fine. 

I'll do a proper trip report this time around and let you know :89:

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Hi Brett.

We arenow in Bauang down the hill from Baguio.  Advice about the pool is right, if it is not raining it is cold.  A considerable difference.  Accommodation there is a little on the expensive side.  

About the only thing to do there is go to the market  and SM Mall if you are into that.  The market is interesting though.  But IMO a day trip would do.  If you need help, there are some nice resorts around Bauang/San Juan.  I would be happy to check them out for you, let me know.  This area would be a nice little break for a few days I would suggest. Ron

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Hi Brett.

We arenow in Bauang down the hill from Baguio.  Advice about the pool is right, if it is not raining it is cold.  A considerable difference.  Accommodation there is a little on the expensive side.  

About the only thing to do there is go to the market  and SM Mall if you are into that.  The market is interesting though.  But IMO a day trip would do.  If you need help, there are some nice resorts around Bauang/San Juan.  I would be happy to check them out for you, let me know.  This area would be a nice little break for a few days I would suggest. 

I stayed 4 days in Vigan, accommodation there expensive and poor on quality, but a nice town to visit, lots of old Spanish architecture there.  Would not recommend where I stayed. When are  you looking at coming this way?

• Thanks 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Take a look at the Newtown Plaza Hotel in Baguio. Opened 3 years ago and they have a pool, I think it may be a heated pool. It is in the Navy Base area. I lived just a block away. Toured the place just before it opened. Looked very nice. There are restaurants close by. We especially liked Rasa Pura next to the hotel.

In Vigan we stayed at a boutique hotel named Felicidad for our honeymoon. Renovated from an old spanish home. Very very nice but very expensive for us since we had the most expensive room for our honeymoon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I don't know why but Google maps will not let me paste the link.  API error.  Paste "Palm Grove Hot Springs and Mountain Resort" into Google maps if you are interested.  There are a lot of pictures.  Very clean with a lot of pools.  You will probably be the only foreigner there!

map.jpg

• Thanks 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, mogo51 said:

Hi Brett.

About the only thing to do there is go to the market  and SM Mall if you are into that.  The market is interesting though.  But IMO a day trip would do.  If you need help, there are some nice resorts around Bauang/San Juan.  I would be happy to check them out for you, let me know.  This area would be a nice little break for a few days I would suggest. 

I stayed 4 days in Vigan, accommodation there expensive and poor on quality, but a nice town to visit, lots of old Spanish architecture there.  Would not recommend where I stayed. When are  you looking at coming this way?

Probably be in that neck of the woods around about the 24th Oct Ron.  No firm dates yet but will definitely be swinging by there.  I'll let you know.  I'll PM my fb to you.  

mogo51
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, BrettGC said:

Probably be in that neck of the woods around about the 24th Oct Ron.  No firm dates yet but will definitely be swinging by there.  I'll let you know.  I'll PM my fb to you.  

Ok Brett, look forward to seeing you.