Expat pensions

Richard Orme
Posted
Posted

Hi all, 

For expats from the UK are you aware that a QROP is no longer permitted for a suitabke transfer. You will be charged 25% in tax as you are living outside the EEA. 

Do you hold a current QROP in Guernsey? 317 have no been de-listed and no longer offer flexi drawdown. 

For expats from the US. Are you aware that your 401k or Roth IRA can be transferred to a suitable jurisdiction in the UK. Fully compliant with the US as funds still invested in US markets. 

I would be interested to here from people and there thoughts on this matter. I will soon be joining the expat market in Cebu. 

Best wishes to all

Richard

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

Welcome to the forum Richard, for us less educated maybe you could unravel the abbreviations :thumbsup:

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Welcome to the forum Richard. We are sure you mean well but will politely ask you read the forum rules to do with advertising. 

• Like 1

Richard Orme
Posted
Posted

Hi and thank you for the welcome. Not advertising, eiuld rather habe the chance to make people aware. 

Alot of people do not understand at the moment. Yes i do work in the industry and therfore come across this daily.