Clothing Giving, Has Anyone Thought About It?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I know that all poor people can use clothing and in the US, we get a lot of free clothing from some of our friends and we bring and ship most for our family but I am wondering if this could actually be done on a much larger scale? Anyone have any ideas on how this could be accomplished?

johnb
Posted
Posted
I know that all poor people can use clothing and in the US, we get a lot of free clothing from some of our friends and we bring and ship most for our family but I am wondering if this could actually be done on a much larger scale? Anyone have any ideas on how this could be accomplished?
Logistically getting the clothing here might just prove to expensive, large bails of secondhand clothing can be purchased here, thats how the small secondhand clothing businesses survive. another problem would be "Honest" distribution, recently my wife donated some clothes for the flood victims, she was advised to take it to one of the many NGO collection sites [ she used sunburst food chain at Tabunok] because the government collectors were pilfering out the good stuff.John

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

The RP Government will not allow used clothing donations to the storm victims. The cartel that controls importation and sales of used clothing has bought them off. It has been in the local news here on the West Coast. They only want cash or food.