When Will Govt's Learn To Spend Within A Budget?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I do not know how other countries run but it seems that the US runs based on anticipated income and I would think it would be a no brainer to run a city, state or country on what income actually cames in the last year and not on what they think will come in the current year. Seems the Philippines runs the same way? How can people peacefully make a real change in government so that they run like a business and can only spend what they actually make?

Mik
Posted
Posted

Somehow end corporate sponsorship of politicians, end corporate lobbying. It seems that most politicians are in it to acquire power and wealth. The honest candidates have a hard time getting elected without the big money. Clean house and set up a new system of government not suceptible to bribery and corruption. Yeah right, like that will ever happen. Governments have gotten too big to change. Things will just get worse until Armageddon (not the movie)...

Mik
Posted
Posted

The three branches of US government need a good enema..

TheMason
Posted
Posted
I do not know how other countries run but it seems that the US runs based on anticipated income and I would think it would be a no brainer to run a city, state or country on what income actually cames in the last year and not on what they think will come in the current year. Seems the Philippines runs the same way? How can people peacefully make a real change in government so that they run like a business and can only spend what they actually make?
There aren't too many businesses that only spend what they make. I don't know of any serious business that only spends their revenue. That's why there are corporate bonds, business loans and venture capitalism. As far as US debt goes, it is getting bad but it is not to the unmanageable point yet. As a % of GDP, the US debt is about 30%. Most European nations are at about 50% while Japan is over 100%. The current US deficit levels are not sustainable but there is a way to go before the US has the same debt load as many other developed countries.

Mik
Posted
Posted

Take a look at the numbers here:http://usdebtclock.org/.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Take a look at the numbers here:http://usdebtclock.org/.
:1 (103): I grew up with the idea that a million dollars made a person ohhhhhh soooooo rich and I never even heard of a billion back then, and nowadays a person would need to have over 10 million to be considered rich and now they talk trillions and pretty soon it will be quadrillion, then quintillion, then sextillion, then septillion, then octillion, then nonillion, then decillion and all that is if the US does not explode into violence and mayhem before then which I suspect it will. :541: They are spending money faster than a clock can tick. :1 (103):

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted

There was a time that if you borrowed a million dollars, then you were considered to be a million dollars in debt.Now if you borrowed a million dollars, then you are considered a Millionaire?When will the Government learn to spend within a budget? When bankruptcy courts and lawyers force them too, after the big collapse.

daisy
Posted
Posted
Lee, only in your dreams......:th_exactly: as if you don't know!!!!So sad.........but true!