Having Problems Spelling

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I wonder how many of the members find themselves in the same position that I find myself in, having problems spelling after living in the Philippines and having to try and think in their language and text in abbreviations? Not sure what the answer is, maybe not texting and maybe not learning any of their language but after we get back to the states, it takes me months to spell words again and even then my spelling has gone to hell. :1 (103):

Mik
Posted
Posted (edited)

I had a supervisor at the post office with terrible spelling. Sometimes I would take a marker and highlight the errors on his memos with my corrections. Even years later, when I type "separate" I have to look twice and make sure I don't copy his misspelled "seperate".At least I don't do the cellphone texting so I haven't been corrupted with that abbreviated language yet..

Edited by M.Morey

Travis
Posted
Posted

I still cannot spell without texting much SugarwareZ-034.gif thank God for the spell checker

TheMason
Posted
Posted

When I chat or text I always do so in complete sentences specifically for this reason. I'm proud of my ability to write well and don't want to lose that by using txt speak and abbreviations. Most cell phones have predictive texting that will autocomplete words for you. It takes some time to train it so it completes the words correctly but works well enough once that is done.

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted (edited)

I am from South Texas, so I am screw when I frenetically try to sound out the proper pronunciation of half the words I speak. Without spell checker:I'm frum South Tejas, sow I'm screued whin I Frernetticlee tri to sowund out tha propeer pronounceceation of haf tha words I speek. Thank God for Spell checker.

Edited by jamesmusslewhite