Rich Nations Should Fund Rp Rehabilitation - Gma

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

GMA pulling the victim card for $$$$. This one ticks me off!!! Absolutely no shame. So typical she will "blame the Foreigners".Link

Edited by Mr. Lee
Repair link

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
GMA pulling the victim card for $$$$. This one ticks me off!!! Absolutely no shame. So typical she will "blame the Foreigners".Link
Sure, why should she pay for it when she can sucker other countries to do it for her. And all those funds flowing in are hurting the exchange rate as well. I think another news story said p16 Billion is missing from her aid funds. Sure it is missing, it will go into next years elections to make sure her people get elected. It is called self preservation and who can blame her when the opposition keeps threatening to arrest her and her husband. I learned a long time ago to never tell anyone my plans but it sure seems that the Philippines has not learned that and keeps telling the news what they plan to do, only to be countermanded each and every time.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Interesting editorial along the same lines, so whose fault is all these calamities? Seems it may be the governments lack of action to prevent damages from these type of storms and the big question is, where did all the tax money go that was collected to be used for these things go?Chutzpah, Gloria Arroyo certainly has, and in large measure. She came out recently to state that rich nations should come to the aid of the typhoon-devastated Philippines by providing the bulk of funds for rehabilitating typhoon-ravaged areas, since the Philippines is a victim of climate change. There she went speaking during a briefing, saying that in seeking foreign aid to fund relief and reconstruction efforts, what will be stressed is that the Philippines is

TheMason
Posted
Posted (edited)

I hate to say it but GMA is just stating a typical Filipino attitude. Nobody is ever responsible for anything in this country. Refusing to accept responsibility seems like a cornerstone of the Filipino culture and is the primary reason this country is desperately poor and underdeveloped. The politicians blame outside forces and the average guy that sells his vote every election blames the politicians. On the national and individual level Filipinos tend to cast themselves as the poor victims of the rich guys.Along the lines of the editorial's point, my wife lives in Malabon and it floods there every time it rains. Not just during typhoons, regular storms cause flooding as well. I asked her one time why they don't build a flood control system instead of letting it flood all the time. She said every 3-4 years around election time the govt. will talk about doing it. The money is allocated but nothing is ever built. Then the money disappears and nothing is ever built or accomplished. Since Malabon is not a wealthy part of town nobody cares how often it floods.

Edited by TheMason

Mik
Posted
Posted (edited)

"...There are no experimental data to support the hypothesis that increases in human hydrocarbon use or in atmospheric carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases are causing or can be expected to cause unfavorable changes in global temperatures, weather, or landscape. There is no reason to limit human production of CO2, CH4, and other minor greenhouse gases as has been proposed.We also need not worry about environmental calamities even if the current natural warming trend continues. The Earth has been much warmer during the past 3,000 years without catastrophic effects. Warmer weather extends growing seasons and generally improves the habitability of colder regions.As coal, oil, and natural gas are used to feed and lift from poverty vast numbers of people across the globe, more CO2 will be released into the atmosphere. This will help to maintain and improve the health, longevity, prosperity, and productivity of all people.The United States and other countries need to produce more energy, not less. The most practical, economical, and environmentally sound methods available are hydrocarbon and nuclear technologies.Human use of coal, oil, and natural gas has not harmfully warmed the Earth, and the extrapolation of current trends shows that it will not do so in the foreseeable future. The CO2 produced does, however, accelerate the growth rates of plants and also permits plants to grow in drier regions. Animal life, which depends upon plants, also flourishes, and the diversity of plant and animal life is increased.Human activities are producing part of the rise in CO2 in the atmosphere. Mankind is moving the carbon in coal, oil, and natural gas from below ground to the atmosphere, where it is available for conversion into living things. We are living in an increasingly lush environment of plants and animals as a result of this CO2 increase. Our children will therefore enjoy an Earth with far more plant and animal life than that with which we now are blessed."Excerpt from: Environmental Effects of Increased Atmospheric Carbon DioxideARTHUR B. ROBINSON, NOAH E. ROBINSON, and WILLIE SOONOregon Institute of Science and Medicinehttp://www.oism.org/pproject/GWReview_OISM150.pdf.

Edited by M.Morey

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted (edited)

Well in Houston we went through hurricanes Katrina, Rita, and Ike. We were so happy with all the money the Philippines sent to the Gulf Coast region to help us. Oh yah, they did not send squat, so yes I surely do own them something. Maybe if everyone I meet did not try to charge me extra for everything, 2,000 beggars had not begged my Pesos, and they would allowed me to work at a job, own farm land or rent property, run a business without extorting the profits; like we allow Filipinos who move to the US to live, then I would have extra money to send them.

Edited by jamesmusslewhite

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Travis
Posted
Posted
"Pinoy pride".The typical Filipino is ashamed of the decline Philippines has suffered the past thirty or forty years. Not ashamed enough to do anything though. As a result to avoid loss of face they blame someone else.
can't really blame the people look what happened to the soldiers that tried