Windows 7, Like It Or Not

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

OK you computer gurus, XP has been the favorite Windows operating system and it seem Microsoft is going to force everyone to upgrade by 2014, so what will happen to all those netbooks they are now selling with XP? and what will businesses that use XP do when the security patches are no longer being sent? Do you think this is going to force XP users to migrate to a non Windows operating system? Microsoft will make life increasingly difficult for anyone who wants to keep supporting Windows XP.Earlier this year, Windows XP Service Pack 2 entered the extended support phase, meaning it will no longer receive new enhancements. On July 7, 2010, Windows XP Service Pack 3 will follow suit. On April 8, 2014, the extended support phase of both Windows XP SP2 and SP3 will end, and new security updates and patches will no longer be released. Eighteen months after Windows 7 is released or with the release of its first service pack (whichever comes first), the OEM licenses bundled with every PC will no longer carry downgrade rights to Windows XP

Mike S
Posted
Posted

As there are still people and companies still using Windows 98 ...... I don't intend to worry about it ..... all just hype and scare tactics used by M$ to try and force people to buy their new OS after the terrible results of Vista ......

Mik
Posted
Posted

I just bought my wife a laptop two months ago. I chose to purchase XP instead of Vista. Each new version of Windows is more of a resource hog. Microsoft (and other companies) release new software that still has bugs. Their motto is: "Just get it out the door and we'll try to fix it later." .

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
As there are still people and companies still using Windows 98 ...... I don't intend to worry about it ..... all just hype and scare tactics used by M$ to try and force people to buy their new OS after the terrible results of Vista ......
I loved windows 98!

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Informative story and evaluation about windows 7Read the whole Windows 7 story here