Does Prejudice Thrive In Australia?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I ask this because I know that it thrives in the states but I know little about interaction of races in Australia. So how do different races get along in Australia and in any other country that members come from? And I thought the US was the only place that racial prejudice is said to be so prevalent. Police confirmed witness reports that the suspect spat racial insults about the Japanese while attacking Alvarado. They said the suspect mistook Alvarado for a Japanese national.When told to stop attacking Alvarado, he reportedly said:

TheMason
Posted
Posted
I ask this because I know that it thrives in the states but I know little about interaction of races in Australia. So how do different races get along in Australia and in any other country that members come from? And I thought the US was the only place that racial prejudice is said to be so prevalent. Police confirmed witness reports that the suspect spat racial insults about the Japanese while attacking Alvarado. They said the suspect mistook Alvarado for a Japanese national.When told to stop attacking Alvarado, he reportedly said: "Mate, he is Japanese and he deserves it."Link to the whole story
The US is one of the least racist places I've ever lived. I think it just appears more racist because people are looking for instances of it and race is openly discussed. In many other countries, racism is accepted or tolerated. Look at soccer fans in Europe as an example. You don't see US fans tossing bananas on the field and making monkey noises at the African-American players. When I lived in India, it was perfectly acceptable to call Indians from the Northeastern states 'Chinky' because they look like Chinese. In both India and the Philippines it is acceptable to disqualify someone from a job based on the darkness of their complexion. Take a look at Japan as well....they aren't very tolerant of people of non-Japanese descent. Look at how Zimbabwe treated the white Zimbabwe farmers.People think that because the US has a history of slavery it is one of the most racially intolerant countries around. My experience in other countries has shown me that racism in the US is far less prevalent and less tolerated than most other places I've lived.
  • Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I ask this because I know that it thrives in the states but I know little about interaction of races in Australia. So how do different races get along in Australia and in any other country that members come from? And I thought the US was the only place that racial prejudice is said to be so prevalent. Police confirmed witness reports that the suspect spat racial insults about the Japanese while attacking Alvarado. They said the suspect mistook Alvarado for a Japanese national.When told to stop attacking Alvarado, he reportedly said: "Mate, he is Japanese and he deserves it."Link to the whole story
The answer to your question regarding that particular story is the name of the suburb, CRONULLA.There has been a lot of problems there mainly involving gangs of middle Eastern men,to tired to go into it tonight but you should find info on the net about recent riots there.SugarwareZ-267.gif