Can The Australian Age Pension Be Paid In Rp

ancienrocka
Posted
Posted

Not sure if this is the right forum to ask the question but.........................I have two and a half years to go before I qualify for the age pension - reach 65 years old. I lived and paid NI stamps in the UK until I was 37 then migrated to Australia.I have been told many different stories about whether the australian component of my pension can be paid to me while I live in RP.Anyone have any knowledge of the rules?Paul

Travis
Posted
Posted
Not sure if this is the right forum to ask the question but.........................I have two and a half years to go before I qualify for the age pension - reach 65 years old. I lived and paid NI stamps in the UK until I was 37 then migrated to Australia.I have been told many different stories about whether the australian component of my pension can be paid to me while I live in RP.Anyone have any knowledge of the rules?Paul
I am an American & do not know but I hope someone from there has the answer for you & I just wanted you to know I read your request & will ask around for you

ancienrocka
Posted
Posted

Thanks Traveler

Mik
Posted
Posted

Have your pension direct deposited into your Australian bank account and access the funds via ATM..

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
The info you seek is here http://www.centrelink.gov.au/internet/internet.nsf/international/living.htmFrom my understanding you will have a problem as the Philippines has no agreement with Australia. I believe if you leave Australia for more than 26 weeks then your pension can be reduced or nulled.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Quick delete that Tom ....... don't give Obie any more ideas ....... he said he is going to revamp the SS system in the US next year and I can only imagine what is going to happen ........ but hey ..... they can always print up extra money when ever he needs it ....... I guess that is part of the change he promised .......

ancienrocka
Posted
Posted
The info you seek is here http://www.centrelin...onal/living.htmFrom my understanding you will have a problem as the Philippines has no agreement with Australia. I believe if you leave Australia for more than 26 weeks then your pension can be reduced or nulled.
Thanks Tom,Not good news but pretty much what I'd figured.Paul