Cannabis-induced psychotic rage

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Nigerian student Femi Nandap, then 23, was in a cannabis-induced psychotic rage when he attacked the public health academic in Islington, north London, on December 29 2015

. . . blah blah blah . . .

Nandap admitted manslaughter on the grounds of diminished responsibility at the Old Bailey and in October 2016 was sentenced to an indefinite hospital order at Broadmoor

This is the story link

My confusion is that I did not know such a thing existed.  I have known a lot of stoners over the years and never seen one who was ONLY on pot do anything rage-like whatsoever.

And yet here is another link that says it happens .

Has anyone witnessed a pothead in any kind of psychotic rage or was this just a scumbag with a good lawyer who got off by saying he was in such a rage?

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

My confusion is that I did not know such a thing existed.  I have known a lot of stoners over the years and never seen one who was ONLY on pot do anything rage-like whatsoever.

Agree with you completely.  Maybe we even knew some of the same people. :hystery:

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

This is the story link

And yet here is another link that says it happens .

Has anyone witnessed a pothead in any kind of psychotic rage or was this just a scumbag with a good lawyer who got off by saying he was in such a rage?

It is still very early research stages but some studies ARE suggesting a link.

Studies_on_3H_CP-55940_binding_in_the_hu.pdf

lobojohn
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

oh hell yeah dave. i witnessed it one day after school back in 69 when 4 of us got toasted and attacked a box of Premium Saltines in the kitchen of an old gf.. a horrible attack it was, when the entire box of crackers and a full large size jar of Welches grape jelly was massacred in about an hour.. evidence of the heinous crime was all over the counter . the attack was followed by the worst case of the HA-HA`S id ever seen. 

this guys story?? total BS

• Like 2

earthdome
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, GeoffH said:

It is still very early research stages but some studies ARE suggesting a link.

Studies_on_3H_CP-55940_binding_in_the_hu.pdf

Some who use what are currently illegal drugs do so to self medicate for physical or psychological pain or some psychological problem. So a psychotic episode might get attributed to cannabis use when in fact it is due to a mental problem which existed prior to cannabis use. Also keep in mind that it is relatively easy for those who have an agenda to manipulate statistical studies.

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Sounds like that great old movie "Reefer Madness".  The kids were smoking pot but acting like it was poisoned coke. This story is probably just the alcohol companies trying to use scare tactics to stop sensible legalization laws.