Travel Tax

Rooster
Posted
Posted

Travel tip. Last year, NAIA Manila try to charge me for departure Travel Tax. I showed them on my ticket purchase itinerary/receipt that it was already paid when I purchased the ticket and they finally agreed. I'm about to head to the states for a visit and stand ready to show them once again the Tax was paid head of time. Ensure you review your receipt to show them it was already paid. Terminal fee was not collected, I think it's 750P now. 

vvv.JPG

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Rooster said:

I showed them on my ticket purchase itinerary/receipt that it was already paid when I purchased the ticket

That interests me because I have never seen that option when purchasing a ticket online and in many cases a foreigner does not need to pay it so how do they know if you do?

I just go through the line playing dumb and if they catch me I go pay it and if not then I don't.  There are no repercussions.  Tourists only have to pay it if they have been here longer than a year.

Rooster
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

That interests me because I have never seen that option when purchasing a ticket online and in many cases a foreigner does not need to pay it so how do they know if you do?

I just go through the line playing dumb and if they catch me I go pay it and if not then I don't.  There are no repercussions.  Tourists only have to pay it if they have been here longer than a year.

My experience has been if I first go directly to the Airline Counter, they have always told me whether or not to go pay Travel Tax before they would allow me to check in. It's happened to me several times. The problem with that is waiting in a long line/que, then having them tell me that.

Now, I first go to the Travel Tax counter to inquire.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I found it interesting too and wanted to get updated, so I googled a bit.

I thought the terminal fee (departure tax?) was going to be included in the tickets but it still has limits.  I found this:

======

https://www.detourista.com/guide/philippine-airports-cheatsheet/

The terminal fee should already be included in the flight ticket price upon booking, on all flights departing from Manila-NAIA Airport and nearly all Philippine domestic flights.

You only need to be concerned about paying the terminal fee at the airport (after check-in/before boarding) if you’re flying via Clark Airport or departing on an international flight from Cebu, Clark, Kalibo, Davao, Iloilo, Puerto Princesa or any international airport except Manila.

The airport terminal fee or “Philippine passenger service charge” is an airport tax/exit fee for passengers departing from airports in the Philippines. The terminal fee ranges from P50 to P200 per person for domestic flights or P550 to P700 per person for international flights. OFWs are exempted from paying the terminal fee at Manila Airport.

======

For the Travel Tax, Tieza now has online payment available so you can do it beforehand if it is not included in your ticket.  Tieza website is down, so here is Rappler:

https://www.rappler.com/nation/150753-pay-philippine-travel-tax-online

Some airlines are including it in the ticket.  This is from the Philippine Airlines website, but it does not yet mention the Tieza online payment option.

https://www.philippineairlines.com/FAQs/TaxesFeesandSurcharges

4. How can I pay the Travel Tax?
a. Tickets issued/purchased outside of the Philippines, pay directly to the TIEZA Travel Tax counter at the airport.

b. Tickets issued/purchased in the Philippines, payment is through the airline ticket offices and travel agencies.

c. Tickets purchased thru PAL website (www.philippineairlines.com), passenger has the option to pay for the Travel Tax either:

c.1. during the online booking provided passengers are all adult   

c.2. directly to the TIEZA Travel Tax counter at the airport before check in.

5. Can I pay online if I am traveling with a child and/or infant who are entitled for a Reduced Travel Tax Rate?
Philippine Travel Tax will not be offered online if the transaction is a child or with a child/infant.

• Like 1