When things just don't add up.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:hystery: Now I feel many will be wondering WTF is jack going to say now :tongue:

Well Just to show how silly things happen I was doing some cross checking on my bank account the other night and neither I or Azon could work out where an amount had gone to, it was not a lot but enough to make me wonder OH! ( 7690 peso) Anyway this morning she asked me to change a light bulb in the Sala (lounge) so earlier I got the Steps and a new lamp and Changed it. It was only when I was up the Ladder (Steps) I thought :wow:This is so much easier than on the smaller steps, Glad now we bought them :hello: Of course, the New steps and an assortment of Light bulbs were the missing amount, I had Totally forgotten (as she did too) that we had bought them on My debit card [ something we don't normally do on items under 10.000]

Moral if there is one

Check your receipts to see how you paid for things, saves headaches in the Long run :whatever:

• Like 4

bows00
Posted
Posted

When your checking your bank statement, didn't the purchase show on the itemized list?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, bows00 said:

When your checking your bank statement, didn't the purchase show on the itemized list?

That my friend is a pet hate of mine here, Philippine banks do not Itemise things just date and amount :angry: with the recipients code number which means nothing to me, the statement just said via BDO and the Branch Code. BDO being the Card reader used I presume, as I am with PNB this is all just confusing:shock_40_anim_gif:

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

We keep track of all our daily expenditures by recording them in a notebook (now a laptop). I use to keep all receipts to reconcile accounts after receiving bank statements. I stopped doing it after realizing there were no entry mistakes since the merchants sends their invoices electronically.

This method works for me.  Otherwise, I would end up spending money and not know where it went.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Before they started doing itemised statements in the UK it used to concern me when a payment was put into my account which I had no idea where it came from.I know nowadays where my money goes I don`t have to micro account.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

BTW Jack nice steps very fetching.

• Haha 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, sonjack2847 said:

it used to concern me when a payment was put into my account which I had no idea where it came from

That is the one thing l would never question :tiphat:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, sonjack2847 said:

in the UK it used to concern me when a payment was put into my account which I had no idea where it came from.

:89:

1 minute ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

:clapping_80_anim_gif:

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I used to be the same, I'd just check my balance to see if my wages and overtime had gone in or not.

Then I'd go to the bank and withdraw some money (this was before ATMs).

One time I went in, took money out, went away for the long weekend and came home only to receive a nasty phone call from the bank (before mobile phones also).

Turned out they'd credited my account with money that wasn't mine (and it was more than my wages and OT were) and now they wanted it back... and they wanted it back yesterday. 

Didn't really go that well when I said they'd have to wait until I got paid next week (this was way back when I was young and my hair was still brown, I hadn't been working long and didn't really have much savings).  They threatened me with the Police and a bad credit rating and all sorts of things.  

I went in next week, asked what the shortfall was, gave them the shortfall, closed my account with them and went next door to another bank whom I've been with ever since (including 30 plus years of the family business so for the sake of about $25 they lost out on millions of dollars of business which doesn't mean anything to them I know but it still makes me chuckle).

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

Turned out they'd credited my account with money that wasn't mine (and it was more than my wages and OT were) and now they wanted it back... and they wanted it back yesterday

Yeah.  Bindar Dundat.  Not fun.  Their mistake becomes my problem.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1