How many times do you have to say NO

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Now i know deep down i have found a good one in my Emma, she looks after me and treats me like a king, but sometimes she over does it.

Last night when i got in from work straight away i was asked would i like some home made soup for dinner, " no thank you i said " i am not that hungry , are you sure she said, "positive" i said, maybe a little later, and yes a little latter would you like your soup now and again i was not hungry but i thought i had better have some, well there was a little dance and a skip as Emma went to sort that out, a few minutes later i am eating the soup and all is well.

The next minute would you like to take this soup to work next day, " no thank you " i said, but why not, " well i dont fancy soup for work the next day " i said.

Over the next 2 hours i must have been asked another 3 times would i like to take soup to work and the answer was always the same " no thank you", but the very last question and answer i lost it.

Why do you keep asking if i want soup i have told you that many times i dont want any F-king soup, and that was it yes i swore at Emma and yes its been a very long time since i raised my voice and it was me then feeling guilty .

Dont you curse at me Emma said, there is no need to curse at me , all i was asking is if you wanted any soup, well trying to explain how many times do i need to say no, but no i should not have curse , and yes she was right, why did i not just take the dam soup to work then throw the stuff away.

Yes it was difficult new few hours.

• Like 3
  • Hmm thinking 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted

How many cousins has Emma got, she must be related to the missus, exactly how my wife is. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Clermont said:

How many cousins has Emma got, she must be related to the missus, exactly how my wife is. :thumbsup:

Yes i can see those traits in my gf as well

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

You can add me to that list as well... seems to be a recurring theme here :shades:

• Like 1

brmpipes
Posted
Posted

If you took soup for lunch wife wouldn't have to make something special for you to take tomorrow. I hope she made you a wish sandwich lol.

canadamale
Posted
Posted

How many times do you have to say no. till you learn to say yes I suppose. I always always try to remember happy  s/o happy life. Such as yesterday, the gf and i were supposed to meet. It has been 6 weeks and was so looking forward. I get this text, babe Heron wants to come with me (little brother) we will come tomorrow. Now my first response was to text back "i have been waiting six weeks to see you do like we planned'. But instead I texted "ok babe love you". Happy gf happy life. One more day. I believe i will survive. And the future brother inlaw and gf are happy.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, stevewool said:

" no thank you "

Scratching Head.jpg Steve I tend to have to ask, What part of NO is not understood at these times? :wink:

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

Oh, you cannot refuse food. You may be able to say "no" to some things but food is not one of them. You must eat it now and if not now, soon and then eat it for subsequent meals until it's gone because it was made for you.

In fact, my wife doesn't ask how I am, if I slept well, etc., etc. The only thing she askes, over and over is, "Are you hungry?" :smile:

• Like 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, JDDavao said:

Oh, you cannot refuse food. You may be able to say "no" to some things but food is not one of them. You must eat it now and if not now, soon

Yes... I find it is slightly more ok to say "not right now, I just ate... I will eat that later".

Of course if I forget... then it's the 'you haven't eaten the <food> yet, is something wrong?' speech hehe

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 1