Military ships docked in Subic Bay

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)

Here are some pictures I took yesterday of ships in Subic.  Then I think the 2 Japanese ships arrived today.

Philippine Navy Ship BRP-Tarlac.  I think the sister ship ran aground a few days ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BRP_Tarlac_(LD-601)

P1340656 (2).JPG

A U.S. submarine, unidentified

P1340661 (2).JPG

U.S. support ship, bad shot, no id

P1340657 (2).JPG

Japanese ships, photo credit 107.1 FM Radyo Bandera Olongapo City

japanese ships.jpg

Apparently Japan's largest warship, a helicopter carrier, was supposed to arrive today.  I'll see if any are still around tomorrow.  Duterte was there today, to meet the Japanese.

Edit:  My friend just uploaded this pic of the heli carrier.

heli carrier.jpg

Edited by OnMyWay
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love it 2

• 6 months later...
Billoncho
Posted
Posted

Cool to see a sub there. I wonder if Dirt and Dusty's Easy Rider Inn is still there? I'll have to go next fall and check it out. Hopefully they still make the cool ship's belt buckles.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Billoncho said:

I wonder if Dirt and Dusty's Easy Rider Inn is still there?

I'm sure it is not in the freeport or Olongapo central, but I don't know Baretto well.  Was it over there?

Jake
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Billoncho said:

Cool to see a sub there. I wonder if Dirt and Dusty's Easy Rider Inn is still there? I'll have to go next fall and check it out. Hopefully they still make the cool ship's belt buckles.

Hey Shipmate,

Was the Easy Rider Inn next to the Birth Canal Thrill Seekers Inn?  No, just kidding.  I really don't remember that establishment but I'm sure it also makes the best ship's lighters there too.  

Welcome aboard sir.  Respectfully Jake 

• Thanks 1

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hello Don,

I thank you once again for kick starting my curiosity again.  I also re-evaluated our allied fleet of warships and support ships and how we exercise to maintain "interoperability" of communications, command and control -- I now believe we will survive the first salvo (yeah, our ROE sucks) and then launch counter strikes.  

I am so impressed with the Japanese new navy.  For example, the Hyuga class destroyer ISE (DDH-182) is an awesome warship.  Well armed with sophisticated electronics package.  Much better than our own ASW (anti-submarine warfare) platforms.

Japanese amphib.JPG

Edited by Jake
  • Like 2

Billoncho
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I'm sure it is not in the freeport or Olongapo central, but I don't know Baretto well.  Was it over there?

It was in Subic and one of the owner's there was Gooese, a nickname. He was one of the seals stationed there. Really a cool guy to get drunk with when you a worldly 18 year old. Great sea stories from that place. At least what I can remember after so many Sam Magoos.