Looking for work - but why Philippines?

emasonhome
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi,

My husband and I are looking for professional work opportunities and are considering a number of different countries as options (Australia, Singapore, Cayman Islands, Taiwan, Philippines, Hong Kong, Mexico, Thailand, Malaysia, South Korea, Indonesia, China, Vietnam).

Having read through a number of previous posts and guides, I'm interested to hear from anyone working in this sector, or that has migrated to the Philippiness. Would love to chat about your experience, opportunities and visas to help narrow down the options (we hold UK Passports).

Thanks!

Edited by Old55
Removed personal information.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Interesting that you read a number of posts and didn’t know Foreigners are unable (in most cases) to hold jobs in Philippines.

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

If you are more specific as to what your professions are you may receive more accurate information as to your likelihood of getting or wanting to work here.  Some employments are restricted to Filipinos, others so poorly paid you may not want them. 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I removed it Snowy, read more like an advertisement. Clearly the person who posted here did not take the time to look around or search for answers as they said they did.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, emasonhome said:

My husband and I are looking for professional work opportunities and are considering a number of different countries as options (Australia, Singapore, Cayman Islands, Taiwan, Philippines, Hong Kong, Mexico, Thailand, Malaysia, South Korea, Indonesia, China, Vietnam).

Having read through a number of previous posts and guides, I'm interested to hear from anyone working in this sector, or that has migrated to the Philippiness. Would love to chat about your experience, opportunities and visas to help narrow down the options (we hold UK Passports).

You do not list your "profession" nor your "sector".   Ask a vague question and you will get vague answers at best. 

Edited by Mike J
  • Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
54 minutes ago, Old55 said:

I removed it Snowy, read more like an advertisement. Clearly the person who posted here did not take the time to look around or search for answers as they said they did.

I had my doubts also.  Too large a variation of countries with cultural and economical differences. 

• Like 1

emasonhome
Posted
Posted

Apologies, I must have deleted part of my post. 

I should have said that we both have significant Project Management Experience in the UK Automotive industry. 

I appreciate that the countries we are looking at is diverse, however some are on the list because they offer a location that we are more drawn to live in (such as the Philippines) and others have work opportunities that we favour (i.e. China, Singagpore).

I'm hoping that by speaking with people that have made the move already, I can understand their experience and learn from it.

Does anyone that has posted so far have anything that they think would be useful to share?

emasonhome
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Old55 said:

Interesting that you read a number of posts and didn’t know Foreigners are unable (in most cases) to hold jobs in Philippines.

I'm interested to hear more on this.

I was under the impression that one option available to us was to look to find Employment and therefore gain sponsorship for a Pre-arranged work visa and AEP.

Can you share your thoughts?