Less than 6 months to go

RBM
Posted
Posted

Stupidly when we booked a flight recently to Malaysia I did not check passport.

Now find upon returning to Cebu it will expire some 5 months 2 weeks later. As I will be Departing in December this is not the issue, like most countries Philippines requires visitors to have a minimum of 6 months passport life. Wondering if I show my departure ticket for a month down the track will they give me a nod...

Wishful thinking I guess.

• Haha 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, RBM said:

Philippines requires visitors to have a minimum of 6 months passport life.

That went out maybe 2 years ago. Is not required any longer. 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

That went out maybe 2 years ago. Is not required any longer. 

A link would be nice.  Not that I doubt you but about two years ago it was required and it was pointed out to me, as I was exiting the country, that I would not be allowed back in the Philippines with less than 6 months on my passport.  I said no problem as I was planning to renew it in Canada before coming back.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

A link would be nice.  Not that I doubt you but about two years ago it was required and it was pointed out to me, as I was exiting the country, that I would not be allowed back in the Philippines with less than 6 months on my passport.  I said no problem as I was planning to renew it in Canada before coming back.

I will find it but I'm sure I posted about it before.

• Thanks 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Note: The passport shall have at least six months’ validity beyond intended stay, unless the alien belongs to a non-visa required country who may be admitted into the Philippines with less than six months’ valid passports upon arrival and whose embassies/consulate extend or renew their passports in the Philippines.

http://immigration.gov.ph/faqs/travel-req

Thank you for this very good and unknown info. I shall print this out as doubt airlines or immigration officers are aware of it. 

• Like 3