Hurricane Michael

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I'm watching the U.S. news and Hurricane Michael is expected to make landfall in the Florida panhandle as a Cat 4 within an hour.  Massive devastation is expected.  Prayers in advance to those impacted.  We have a few members down in that area of Florida.

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

There seems to be not much news about in the lead up to this Hurricane or not that I had seen. 

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

There seems to be not much news about in the lead up to this Hurricane or not that I had seen. 

It formed very quickly in the gulf of Mexico.  Storms that come across the Atlantic from Africa are tracked for many days.  I think this one was only 2-3 days in the making.

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted (edited)

There has been very little news about Hurricane Michael compared to previous ones. Perhaps we have become callous about disasters because they occur so frequently. We have friends residing in the Florida panhandle. Several have not returned my wife's phone call. We still don't know if their homes have been completely destroyed. One couple recently had their roof retrofitted with hurricane clips. I am curious to find out if it helped.

Edited by JJReyes
  • Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, JJReyes said:

Several have not returned my wife's phone call.

As I understand it, a huge number of people are without power and could be that way for quite a while.  Perhaps that extends to phone and Internet service as well

https://www.tampabay.com/florida-politics/buzz/2018/10/11/400000-still-without-power-in-florida/

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Fortunately Florida is not an island like Puerto Rico described by one self proclaimed genius as; “This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water,” :hystery:

intrepid
Posted
Posted (edited)

Here's drone footage of some of the damage .

Edited by intrepid
well that didn't work

intrepid
Posted
Posted (edited)

Try this one

Video link: https://video.foxnews.com/v/5847592824001/. 

Edited by intrepid
  • Like 1