The Barangay Road

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I am happy to read your stories, Jack. Hope the whole plan goes well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Is that dirt or gravel on top? 

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Looking good Jack.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Is that dirt or gravel on top? 

That is 9 cubic of hard core on the bottom and 9 cubic crushed aggregate and ballast top coat to harden and make a good finish for vehicles :thumbsup:

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

That is 9 cubic of hard core on the bottom and 9 cubic crushed aggregate and ballast top coat to harden and make a good finish for vehicles :thumbsup:

I am slowly doing the same up here.What amazes me is that not one of the locals offer to help even though it is for their benefit as well.I know they all appreciate it but why wont they just spend half an hour to carry a few buckets of aggregate.

• Sad 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, sonjack2847 said:

I am slowly doing the same up here.What amazes me is that not one of the locals offer to help even though it is for their benefit as well.I know they all appreciate it but why wont they just spend half an hour to carry a few buckets of aggregate.

:hystery::hystery::hystery::hystery:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

.I know they all appreciate it but why wont they just spend half an hour to carry a few buckets of aggregate.

Fortunately this is one of the things I tend not to suffer with, as time goes by you may find that once they have come to know you better they will be more willing. I paid workers of course for the project but ended up with 3 more and these were Locals that use the area and I guess realised that it was indeed for them as much as use, We invited the unpaids to snax but they refused Lunch as they were just helping you to do their Bit. As I said in time, you will find more Locals taking Part especially if there is something in it for them ( and if not then you got some gooduns.

As an Afterthought Mate, does the Barangay pop up and thank you? :wink: Mine does and it goes well with me even though we do what they should be doing  :huh:

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Fortunately this is one of the things I tend not to suffer with, as time goes by you may find that once they have come to know you better they will be more willing. I paid workers of course for the project but ended up with 3 more and these were Locals that use the area and I guess realised that it was indeed for them as much as use, We invited the unpaids to snax but they refused Lunch as they were just helping you to do their Bit. As I said in time, you will find more Locals taking Part especially if there is something in it for them ( and if not then you got some gooduns.

As an Afterthought Mate, does the Barangay pop up and thank you? :wink: Mine does and it goes well with me even though we do what they should be doing  :huh:

She did when we had the meet.

• Like 1