Did the Earth Move For You?

PaulB
Posted
Posted

Members

I hope all members in Davao area are safe and well as I am reading about two large earthquakes offshore. Have you noticed anything or seen any local agencies clearing beaches or properties near the waters edge as a Tsunami warning was issued?

Keep safe all and make sure the beer in your fridges is lashed down!

Praying no damage or further quakes are forthcoming.

Paul

• Like 3
  • Hmm thinking 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

It was about 132 km south of Davao so I guess there was no major damage and luckily no more Tsunamis for Indonesia!

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

From my understanding out at sea and no damage.

• Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, PaulB said:

Members

I hope all members in Davao area are safe and well as I am reading about two large earthquakes offshore. Have you noticed anything or seen any local agencies clearing beaches or properties near the waters edge as a Tsunami warning was issued?

Keep safe all and make sure the beer in your fridges is lashed down!

Praying no damage or further quakes are forthcoming.

Paul

Wife and I went to Paradise Island, in Samal Island yesterday.  Stepson was spending the weekend in Tagum with cousins. Wife read an "Advisory Report" about the 7.1 earthquake in Davao Oriental. That is close to Tagum. We were concerned for him and for our own safety on a small island here. We did not know the tremor occurred out in the ocean. The immediate fear was  a tsunami like the one that hit Indonesia. There were only a few "bankas" available to take passengers back to Davao and Paradise Island was packed full  of people. Wife called Tagum and they told her that the place really shook. Wife became really concerned at this point. We, immediately left and came back home  ASAP. Things have calmed down a bit but there is still the fear of more activity. 

Wife and her parents were planning on spending New Years Day in Tagum. I'm not going I'm going to stay home with the cats and relax after church. 

Being from California, I know what it is like to live during earthquake activity. 

I've received numerous emails from friends and family in the states regarding my safety after they heard about the earthquake. 

I THANK GOD  for our safety. 

• Like 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

It was quite a long quake. It built and tapered just like a wave on the sea. Things rattled here near Toril but nothing was damaged. Tsunami warning was for waves of .3 meters higher. 

What bothered me more than anything was that the quake occurred at 12:15 and we got a text message from the NDRRMC three and a half hours later.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, JDDavao said:

It was quite a long quake. It built and tapered just like a wave on the sea. Things rattled here near Toril but nothing was damaged. Tsunami warning was for waves of .3 meters higher. 

What bothered me more than anything was that the quake occurred at 12:15 and we got a text message from the NDRRMC three and a half hours later.

So..better late than never wouldn't apply in this case!:no:

• Like 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

Gf was down near gensan with her family , said that they did not notice it as they were to busy enjoying themselves , I asked her about the tsunami warning , her reply was that they live to high up to get hit by tsunami.

virginprune
Posted
Posted

I live just outside Koronadal, it was a fairly long quake here. Very noticeable but no damage.

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

So..better late than never wouldn't apply in this case!:no:

Well, yeah. Except it was a warning about the earthquake and the tsunami, too. Translated (via Google), it was something like "Rain is coming down. Get off from the beach."

• Haha 1