Surface cracks in walls

stevewool
Posted
Posted

The other day we managed to have a look at the house over in marikina by google street map,it’s been up dated and now we can see the property quite well.

i did notice there seems to be some surface cracks in the render, what would be the best way to sort these out, fill them in but with what ?, or paint them over .

any advice will be apriciated .

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Boysen makes two products for small cracks or as a fine final skim coat.  Masonry putty for interior use, and Acrytex for exterior walls.  I have used the Masonry putty with good results.  I have not used the Acrytex.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, stevewool said:

The other day we managed to have a look at the house over in marikina by google street map,it’s been up dated and now we can see the property quite well.

i did notice there seems to be some surface cracks in the render, what would be the best way to sort these out, fill them in but with what ?, or paint them over .

any advice will be apriciated .

Depends if the house is made of straw or paper something else :cheersty:

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Boysen makes two products for small cracks or as a fine final skim coat.  Masonry putty for interior use, and Acrytex for exterior walls.  I have used the Masonry putty with good results.  I have not used the Acrytex.

16 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Thank you 

stevewool
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Depends if the house is made of straw or paper something else :cheersty:

Lots and lots of paper, the £££££££££££ sorts

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

All the cement here seems to get those cracks.  I just paid Uncle to patch/paint the walls while I was visiting the US.  Not sure how much it was...  I sent my wife $500 (USD) for the monthly expenses and somehow she paid the bills, got the walls patched & painted, and got a new tin roof on the porch!   The walls could not have been too expensive ha ha

• Like 1