Credit Cards

Guardian
Posted
Posted

I live my life here in the states on credit cards and pay them off every month whenever possible. Are there credit cards available in the Philippines? Lee tells me most people use local bank ATM cards but I would prefer a credit card or two to use to help me keep track of my spending. So who uses them and which banks are easier to get them from?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I have used my American bank credit cards sparingly and with some trepidation but so far no problems. Citybank and HSBC are safe well funded offshore banks with offices in Philippines.

TheMason
Posted
Posted

Why not just keep the US cards you have? All you need is a mailing address in the US for the statements and someone to forward you the new card every few years. Until you are 100% sure you will live out your days in the Philippines, its not a good idea to end financial relationships in the US. You never know when you'll need them again. In the Philippines, I bank with BDO and have been happy with them. They keep trying to get me to open a credit card but I don't see the need for one. Other than the malls and hotels very few places accept credit cards so they really aren't that useful to me here.

• Like 1

Mik
Posted
Posted

Just give your wife some cash and let her shop for you.The Island (2005)McCord [to Lincoln Six-Echo]: "All right, look. I know you're new to the whole human experiences and all... but there's one universal truth and that is you never give a woman your credit card.".