What Are The Best Places To Shop For Food In Cebu City

Guardian
Posted
Posted

Are there any discount supermarkets there? How about discount places to get clothes and household items?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

Guardian, you're in da Philippines!SugarwareZ-005.gif For discounts let your wife or GF do all the food and clothing shopping and life is good.SugarwareZ-003.gifQuality household items can be expensive and even hard to find. If you can have those sent from your home country via Balikbayan box you may come out ahead.

Edited by Old55

Guardian
Posted
Posted
Guardian, you're in da Philippines!SugarwareZ-005.gif For discounts let your wife or GF do all the food and clothing shopping and life is good.SugarwareZ-003.gifQuality household items can be expensive and even hard to find. If you can have those sent from your home country via Balikbayan box you may come out ahead.
No not there yet but I like to plan ahead and hate too many surprises. I will try to ship a ton of things beforehand. Thanks.

ancienrocka
Posted
Posted
Are there any discount supermarkets there? How about discount places to get clothes and household items?
For discount clothes you could try one of the thousands of "ukay-ukay" stalls in Cebu. LOL It is pronounced "okay-okay" and they sell used clothes, many from USA - you can get some good bargains there. Or alternatively visit the clothes stores in Colon where you can often buy the same items sold in the Malls for about half the price; don't take any jewelry with you though - it is an area to be careful in, especially for new visitors.Paul
  • Like 1

Hoz
Posted
Posted

Makro is a Costco clone.

Mik
Posted
Posted

Consolacion has a Fooda grocery store. Their alcohol is a little cheaper than SM grocery. I tell my wife what I need and she does the shopping..