More Stupid Banking Bureaucracy?

Recommended Posts

  • Forum Support
Posted

I just got an email from my Philippine bank telling me that Banko Sentral regulations require that I go to my branch and give them an annual update on my contact information.  Basically, that means going in there to tell them that nothing has changed since last year and if it did then I would tell them.  I wonder what will happen if I don't bother.

Anyone else ever get a notice like this?

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted
3 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I just got an email from my Philippine bank telling me that Banko Sentral regulations require that I go to my branch and give them an annual update on my contact information.  Basically, that means going in there to tell them that nothing has changed since last year and if it did then I would tell them.  I wonder what will happen if I don't bother.

Anyone else ever get a notice like this?

Not so far. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Anyone else ever get a notice like this?

Only when I got my New chip and pin card, otherwise it is every 5 years at PNB :mellow:

Edit:

You could look at it as proof of life to protect You :89:

 Plus are we not the First to moan when the bank f...s up and we go in and they say well sir we wrote to you and tried to phone But we say OH! i have moved and changed my number, Well sir you did not tell us :smile: So there is cause in many cases EH! :wink:

Edited by Jack Peterson
Spelling AGAIN
  • Like 2
  • I'm Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted
2 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Only when I got my New chip and pin card, otherwise it is every 5 years at PNB

I know we did it, like Jack above, when the banks issued new cards but I think BDO had us come in for the one you're asking about, Dave. i think the banks do things here just to keep the rubber stamp makers in business.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Forum Support
Posted
1 hour ago, JDDavao said:

Dave. i think the banks do things here just to keep the rubber stamp makers in business.

Ah but its not just the banks who love their bureaucracy in Philippines.  A certain company in Dumaguete is worse, much worse.  I won't mention the name.  See if anyone can guess.

They send out a bill every month, hand delivered.  You CANNOT pay until you get the bill.  No paying in advance, too easy.  You CANNOT pay for 2 days after you get the bill because they need time to enter it in the system.  You MUST pay within the next 7 days.  One day later than that and you pay a 10% late penalty.  You CANNOT pay online.  You must go to one of their authorized payment spots. . . .

So I get all spruced up and go to the authorized payment spot, since they do not allow payments online, and guess what?   The authorized payment spot was closed because . . . . . . . . .  they were OFFLINE.  Duh?  If they have to go online to pay it why can't I do it right here, right now, from my online bank account.

Perhaps the Philippines is getting to me.  I know all the BS here is better than the BS elsewhere but it still gets to me at times.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Ah but its not just the banks who love their bureaucracy in Philippines.  A certain company in Dumaguete is worse, much worse.  I won't mention the name.  See if anyone can guess.

They send out a bill every month, hand delivered.  You CANNOT pay until you get the bill.  No paying in advance, too easy.  You CANNOT pay for 2 days after you get the bill because they need time to enter it in the system.  You MUST pay within the next 7 days.  One day later than that and you pay a 10% late penalty.  You CANNOT pay online.  You must go to one of their authorized payment spots. . . .

So I get all spruced up and go to the authorized payment spot, since they do not allow payments online, and guess what?   The authorized payment spot was closed because . . . . . . . . .  they were OFFLINE.  Duh?  If they have to go online to pay it why can't I do it right here, right now, from my online bank account.

Perhaps the Philippines is getting to me.  I know all the BS here is better than the BS elsewhere but it still gets to me at times.

Been here since 2002 and only had a Philippine bank account when I first arrived. Got rid of it after transactions refused to go through. Now I just get my funds at BPI ATM machines 20k at a time. Yes it costs a few bucks but it's easy with no hassle.:smile: It's a USA credit union that my money is direct deposited to.

Edited by Arizona Kid
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...