1-800 Numbers

chimellie
Posted
Posted

Does anyone know how to call 1-800-xxxx-xxx to the US from Cebu ?Thanks

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Chi, I believe they are called the same way as calling any other US number but I think they would cost the local charges on the call. Many companies also have international toll free numbers, so check with the company directly.I think the easiest way to do it is to have dsl in the Philippines and give them a magic jack or other voip with a local number for you to call and they can also call the US or 1 800 numbers for free that way.

paul
Posted
Posted (edited)

Nope. You cannot dial 1-800 numbers from the Philippines, unless you have a VOIP line based in the US. Of course, if a company has an international 800 number, I suppose it is possible. But, I doubt they are willing to pay the costs for someone to ring them from abroad.

Edited by Paul

Mik
Posted
Posted

I live in Cebu. I tried calling 800 numbers before and it did not work. Then a month ago I called an 800 number and it worked but PLDT billed me for the call.

chimellie
Posted
Posted
I live in Cebu. I tried calling 800 numbers before and it did not work. Then a month ago I called an 800 number and it worked but PLDT billed me for the call.
Thanks for the info guys...Mike, how did you dial for 800 number from Cebu if you had a calling card ?Thanks

Mik
Posted
Posted

I didn't have a calling card. I just used PLDT to direct dial the 800 number. (Nice avatar Chi.)

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I didn't have a calling card. I just used PLDT to direct dial the 800 number. (Nice avatar Chi.)
Thank you Mike, :10001: I thought maybe I was losing my mind more than I already knew I am losing it. :SugarwareZ-037: I was sure I dialed 800 numbers while in the Philippines. Happy.gif

paul
Posted
Posted

Well, I will be a monkey's uncle. I stand corrected, Mike. I just tried to ring up my credit union in Florida. It rang through on an 800 number. But, they have got to have some sort of additional fee it costs them, for a client to ring from over seas.Local Dialing: I miss the good ol' days in the Philippines, when you only had to dial 6 digits to ring anywhere in town. Of course, dialing into the province was long distance too! So, I guess some things have gotten better here on the local front, concerning dialing.Sign me, confused still, but dialing away.

• 2 years later...
Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

If you use regular Pldt, the rates are very high , as it is NOT a TRUE TOLL FREE CALL. international rates would apply . however try MAGIC JACK. PLDT BUDGET CARD, its rates are 1.50p per minute. try a calling card.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

1-800 toll free numbers in the U.S. are truly free when using Skype or Magic Jack from the Philippines!AddEmoticons04230.gif