Getting to know everyone

Lordtariq83
Posted
Posted

Hello I have been posting here for about a month and I see you all are a pretty close tight knit group of guys. So I would like to apologize for not getting to know each of you a little bit better and I would also like to let everybody know a little bit more about myself. My name is Tariq Campbell I'm 35 years old and I live in New Haven Connecticut as I stated next year I'm planning on moving to the Philippines I want to go for between 6 months to 1 year but I would like to move to eventually be permanent. I'm working as a welder now but I'm taking classes for computer programming it's always been a dream of mine to learn computer languages into work in that field. I have a teenage daughter she's almost 15 years old but I doubt she's going to be coming with me basically I'm a single guy starting fresh in a new country next year.

• Like 2

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

Hi Tarig

Welcome to the forum , there is a mine of Information on this forum , read up as much as you can , I'm not trying to dampen your spirits ,but there are a lot of very good philipino programmers so you might find it very competitive,  as far as welding goes , have you thought of trying Guam for work ? It cuts down on flying time and as far as I'm aware its USA territory 

Alot of the guys jump between the Philippines and their home country to earn money then return and have a long vacation,  when you need funds just head back home and do some work 

Have a great time doing your research and don't be afraid to ask questions,  there are a lot of decent guys on this forum , unlike other forums where it can end up in a slanging  match 

• Like 3