Keeping fit

stevewool
Posted
Posted

I am sure I have put this somewhere but I can’t find it,

Anyway keeping fit, I like to walk and ride my bike and hopefully I will be doing the same over in the Philippines but only if it’s safe, I do lots of exercising at home like stretching and using the cross trainer most days too.

But these last few days Emma has asked me to join her in Zumba she does this at home and talk about being shattered , I cannot control my arms and legs like they do or even Emma does , I am sort of like doing the robot dancing but very slow, the amount of sweat and body movements Emma can do , so I told her sod this ,I will carry on doing what I enjoy and just have to make sure I am looking the other way when Emma is shaking her stuff

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
27 minutes ago, stevewool said:

I am sure I have put this somewhere but I can’t find it,

Anyway keeping fit, I like to walk and ride my bike and hopefully I will be doing the same over in the Philippines but only if it’s safe, I do lots of exercising at home like stretching and using the cross trainer most days too.

But these last few days Emma has asked me to join her in Zumba she does this at home and talk about being shattered , I cannot control my arms and legs like they do or even Emma does , I am sort of like doing the robot dancing but very slow, the amount of sweat and body movements Emma can do , so I told her sod this ,I will carry on doing what I enjoy and just have to make sure I am looking the other way when Emma is shaking her stuff

I keep in shape by doing the 12 oz. lifts. 4 to 6 times a day, depending on my mood.:wave:

• Love it 1
  • Haha 3

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

I keep in shape by doing the 12 oz. lifts. 4 to 6 times a day, depending on my mood.:wave:

I follow a similar fitness regimen

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Iam lost here so I have to ask what’s the 12 oz lift

• Haha 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, stevewool said:

Iam lost here so I have to ask what’s the 12 oz lift

Beer

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

Beer

There you go, you learn something new everyday,

graham59
Posted
Posted

Most of the people I see doing zumba were fat at the start of it, and months of participation later... still fat.

Perhaps it increases the appetite.  :laugh:

Me... I used to cycle and walk a lot in the UK.  Here I do a fair bit of walking, plus a lot of sawing and hammering etc, with my DIY.

I have to keep things within bounds these days though, as I have one of those abdominal aneurysm things. 

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I live in Iloilo - and the city just got an award for being so "bike friendly".  Back in my Navy days I took my bike with me all over the South Pacific.  Award ot not... this is the worst & most dangerous place I have ever tried to ride.  I have not touched my bicycle in almost 3 years.  They will kill you and not even slow down.

I did put on a bit of weight when I got here. My work (aircon) was fairly physical, and as much as I enjoy retirement, the lack of regular exercise was showing. Also the food here is horrible (I like it, but it is horrible for you). The 2 main food groups are rice and fat, the main seasoning is sugar.  When I ate like a Filipino I really put on the weight.

So I switched to a better diet, more like what I ate in the US, meat & veggies.  My main exercise is walking.  I was walking 5-8 km a day and lost 22 kilos in 7 months. I added dumbbells and kettle bell. Then... my wife started complaining that I was losing my 'Pooh bear tummy'.  I quit losing and went into maintenance. That worked for over a year, but lately I  have been slacking off on walking, and putting some weight back on.

Zumba is king here - they love it!  I did it for a while, when we lived in the city. I wish there was a group around where we live now.  The reason most of them do no lose weight is that they do not change what they eat. The middle class here is growing - in numbers and in girth ha ha.  I would see people get out of Zumba and go have fried chicken and beer.  You cannot exercise your way out of a bad diet. 

• Like 5

jimeve
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

I live in Iloilo - and the city just got an award for being so "bike friendly".  Back in my Navy days I took my bike with me all over the South Pacific

I bet that was a bit awkward.:mocking: 

• Haha 1