Just back from Cebu/Bohol trip report...

redfeather
Posted
Posted

Just back from Cebu report.

I flew from SFO to TPE to Cebu on EVA Airlines, and I flew my gf from Pagadian up to meet me in Cebu on Cebu Pacific airlines.  We met in Cebu and stayed for three days to visit with her cousin and sister, and we went to SM Mall and Seaside SM Mall.  Then we took the Oceanjet ferry boat from Cebu Pier 1 to Tagbilaran and we spent five days at Alona Beach.  We stayed in South Beach Hotel which is right on the Ocean with some beautiful views.  Here is the link:  http://www.boholsouthbeach.com/.   We went on an all day country tour to see the Chocalate Hills, and the Mahogany Forest, and had lunch on a river cruise boat, and then we went to 2nd oldest Catholic Church and the Machtan Shrine which is where Magellan Landed when he discovered the Philippines.  We also went snorkeling and swimming where you can see hundreds of tropical fish and sea turtles.

We found this awesome lunch and dinner buffet at Henaan Resort  https://www.henann.com/bohol/henannalonabeach/,  so we would eat lunch and dinner at their buffet which was awesome.  Their buffet had just about anything you could want to eat and it was around $8 per person.  The buffet was at the Sea Breeze Café, so be sure to check that out if you go to Bohol.  We traveled back on the Oceanjet ferry to Cebu Pier 1 to Cebu, and we spent three more days in Cebu.  My gf wanted to get her hair trimmed at the SM Mall, so while she was in the salon I was out walking around checking out the sights.  I had two Russian women approach me looking for a bar to party at.  I talked to them for about five minutes and learned that one of them was married and the other one single, and IMO these Russian women were not relationship/marriage material.  So, they were both away from home in the Philippines and looking to party…if I were you I would avoid these kinds of women.

I dated Russian women, Ukraine women, Mexico women, and lastly my Filipina girlfriend.  From my boots on the ground observation I believe that Filipina women, or a good Filipina woman is a better fit for an American guy than the Eastern European women.  When I say a good Filipina I am talking about the women that live out in the province which is considered country in the Philippines.  I was advised by my Army friends to stay away from Filipina women from the northern part of the Philippines like Manila, Luzon, Angeles, etc.  My Army buddies told me to look in the southern Philippines like Leyte, Samar, Mindanao, etc.  My gf is from the province in Mindanao and she still lives at home with her parents and her brother and sisters.  So, that is my short trip report and I would tell you to get on a plane and go check out the Philippines first because you will not be disappointed.

• Like 3
  • Love it 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Thanks for sharing your story here. Sounds like you both had a great time!

So, when’s the wedding? 😇

• Like 1

redfeather
Posted
Posted

Old55,

I expect to get my approval on my K1 visa by the end of April or by the end of next month in May.

So, I should have her over here maybe by August.

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
58 minutes ago, redfeather said:

Old55,

I expect to get my approval on my K1 visa by the end of April or by the end of next month in May.

So, I should have her over here maybe by August.

I was teasing you but that’s great news congratulations!