YES! beer day Today

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Monthly meet february Dumaguete squad.jpeg :whistling: say No more :58: Kevin and his mate.jpg see whoever Later

• Like 4
  • Love it 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

Bottling my home brew today, I hope. Happy beer day!

• Like 2

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, JDDavao said:

Bottling my home brew today, I hope. Happy beer day!

Read your beer blogs and enjoyed them. Brought back memories. In the early 90's, due to where I was living in a place where local alcohol sales were prohibited, but Federal Law allowed home brew, I cooked up ten or eleven batches of brew. (I used to tell people that I made a drum of beer in my life).

Started with recycled std. beer bottles and a double wing hand capper. Then I got some 'Grolisch' ??? bottles.... the type with the rubber grommet, ceramic plug and wire compressor on the neck to  add to the fun. Never had a problem with the beer caps though.... must have been a decent capper and caps.  

Then my brewing  buds in the dry villages told me to just use 2 liter plastic soda bottles with new high pressure twist on caps that were available through the mail order suppliers we used. 

Cut down on the bottling time, hassles, risks of exploding bottles, etc.  

My friends of the time seldom drank only one or two bottles at a time, so.... why bother with single bottles if not needed.... was the thinking. 

I only drink beer now in the PI.  I can afford it here.   If I wanted to drink quality beer in the USA now, due to the high cost, I'd probably home brew again.  

Thanks again for writing interesting blogs to share with your fellow expats..... and good luck with the next brew batch.

• Like 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Monthly meet february Dumaguete squad.jpeg :whistling: say No more :58: Kevin and his mate.jpg see whoever Later

Love it Jack. Make sure your dogs get their share!:biggrin:

• Hmm thinking 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

Love it Jack. Make sure your dogs get their share!:biggrin:

What! a share of Kevin ( sonjack) my dogs love him to death, he has my princesses daughter :wink:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, manofthecoldland said:

Started with recycled std

My god man. What are you thinking. Best not to spread that around. STD could be itchy. :mocking:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
On 4/11/2019 at 4:19 PM, manofthecoldland said:

Read your beer blogs and enjoyed them. Brought back memories. In the early 90's, due to where I was living in a place where local alcohol sales were prohibited, but Federal Law allowed home brew, I cooked up ten or eleven batches of brew. (I used to tell people that I made a drum of beer in my life).

Started with recycled std. beer bottles and a double wing hand capper. Then I got some 'Grolisch' ??? bottles.... the type with the rubber grommet, ceramic plug and wire compressor on the neck to  add to the fun. Never had a problem with the beer caps though.... must have been a decent capper and caps.  

Then my brewing  buds in the dry villages told me to just use 2 liter plastic soda bottles with new high pressure twist on caps that were available through the mail order suppliers we used. 

Cut down on the bottling time, hassles, risks of exploding bottles, etc.  

My friends of the time seldom drank only one or two bottles at a time, so.... why bother with single bottles if not needed.... was the thinking. 

I only drink beer now in the PI.  I can afford it here.   If I wanted to drink quality beer in the USA now, due to the high cost, I'd probably home brew again.  

Thanks again for writing interesting blogs to share with your fellow expats..... and good luck with the next brew batch.

Many thanks, manofthecoldland! The Cream Ale kit is bottled up. Now we wait for bubbles... 

• Like 1