Radiant Barrier/Silver Insulation Stuff Pricing?

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

I know this has been talked about before but was wondering if anyone has priced this lately, parts and labor? I have plenty of shade everywhere but the roof and have zero insulation in the attic. Seems to me the Philippines is the perfect conditions for Radiant Barrier to excel but I don't know if it is worth the upgrade to a rental house so I am looking for ballpark of what cost might be for this 112 sqm house

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Have you considered a mechanical vent on the roof mine work really well.  As for the insulation, I have no clue I will make inquiries later.

graham59
Posted
Posted (edited)

50 pesos a square metre in my local (large) hardware store.... standard issue foam/foil. 

Ask your landlord to put a mechanical roof vent or two in for you also, if possible.

Up here in Pangasinan, standard labourer rate is p350 per 7am-5pm day, plus maybe p50  'merienda money'. 

Edited by graham59
  • Like 2

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

Have you considered a mechanical vent on the roof mine work really well.  As for the insulation, I have no clue I will make inquiries later.

I will have to go up there again and think about it. Radiant barrier is the 'correct' solution but I have installed temperature/humidity controlled fans before also. 

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

I will have to go up there again and think about it. Radiant barrier is the 'correct' solution but I have installed temperature/humidity controlled fans before also. 

My place is usually 4-5 degrees lower than outside in the shade. I only have 1 vent 3070 pesos from citi hardware. I am not sure how much to fit but it should not be over 1k.

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
On 4/17/2019 at 8:35 AM, sonjack2847 said:

My place is usually 4-5 degrees lower than outside in the shade. I only have 1 vent 3070 pesos from citi hardware. I am not sure how much to fit but it should not be over 1k.

Sounds like that might be the best bang for the buck... errr peso

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
On 4/18/2019 at 11:50 AM, AlwaysRt said:

Sounds like that might be the best bang for the buck... errr peso

One thing if there are no vents in the soffit boards there will be no airflow so fitting one of them without the other vents would be a waste of time.

• Hmm thinking 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted (edited)

One other thing to consider is getting some of those magnetic door screens and leaving the doors open so there is airflow through the house this helps keep it cooler. I bought mine 2.1h and 1m wide from Lazada for 319 each.

Edited by sonjack2847
wrong figure